Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Kin2Kin: Just lovely😍 #weeknotes #makers #liverpool DoES Liverpool twitter.com/DoESLiverpool/…
- Alex Lennon: Thanks so much to the lovely people Festival of Maintenance for the gifts for the makespacelive team Dan Lynch and me! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Jy84wGe1M3
- Alex Lennon: Can’t wait to watch Julian Todd explaining our new #iot sensor stack #ming (#mqtt, InfluxData, Node-RED and Grafana) all hosted within balena Docker containers Andy Stanford-Clark #weeknotes twitter.com/MethodDan/stat…
- DoES Liverpool: Russell Cottier Our #MakersOfDoESLiverpool this #MakerMonday is HEX. He’s the master of taking #lasercutting into new places, whether that’s as moulds for his ceramic work or his laser-etched velvet banners shown here #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/onboHnXPej
- Adrian McEwen: Off to Manchester for the day to share DoES Liverpool‘s perspective/experience at the Crafts Council UK‘s art/craft/making and social practice roundtable #weeknotes
- DoES Liverpool: They’re here! 😍😍😍 The infamous Hannah Festival trolley has visited and deposited this year’s copies of the directory celebrating all manner of awesome people and organisations from across the North🎉✊ #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/5Im95iQY3f
- Alex Lennon: MQTT over the Internet DoES Liverpool #weeknotes Andy Stanford-Clark pic.twitter.com/V7fyjrBEsG
- Alex Lennon: LED Christmas lights. Woohoo! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/eWeG84J5mT
- DoES Liverpool: Here’s Alex Lennon, talking about today’s great Christmas Decorations Workshop here at @doesliverpool – as he says, luckily we’re having another one next Sunday 8th December, and you can get tickets here:
#weeknotes #makerspace #christmas #liverpool pic.twitter.com/WzmUm5Zg1H
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 02 December, 6:30pm-9:00pm||XR Liverpool|
|Tuesday 03 December, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening|
|Tuesday 03 December, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Sewing Club|
|Wednesday 04 December, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 05 December, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 07 December, 11:00am-5:00pm||Liverpool Synthesiser Meet|
|Saturday 07 December, 12:00pm-5:00pm||Ladies of Code Liverpool – Christmas Coding|
|Sunday 08 December, 1:00pm-5:00pm||Christmas Decorations Workshop|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 295 open, 1040 closed
11 new issues:
- Buy some new scalpel handles
- Buy some more sublimation mugs
- Need more sublimation paper
- Take some good photos of the Event Space
- PC for Sophia won’t boot
- Fluorescent tube on Gerald needs replacing
- Strapline for DoES Mugs
- Gerald’s focus
- Find wheeliepad’s camera
- Get sound back onto entrance doorbot
- Fix fault in Octoscreen causing issues with our Octoprint enabled printers
Featured issue: We don’t know what signs we need up in the space. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed:
Thanks MatthewCroughan, magman2112!