Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
It’s that time again! If you or anyone you know would love to use the great making and coworking facilities here at DoES Liverpool but might struggle to afford the membership then our Boost membership scheme might be for you. More details here: doesliverpool.com/co-working/lau…
Hack the Space Afternoon
We’re having a Hack the Space Afternoon this Saturday 21st May from 2pm to 5pm. Come down if you’d like to to help make the place to make the space look and work better for all of us, Link here to find out more.
Things of Note
- Alex: Oh happy day… AWS IoT Kinesis WebRTC #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/6xUzhzgpfr
- Alex: And so it begins Pint of Science UK LEAF on Bold St Woo Hoooo! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/TA6acWBk2U
- Alex: Absolutely intrigued as to how the parts of the brain in use relate to intellectual versus emotional response to language, how that relates to perception and indeed to our interactions on social media. Blown. Away #weeknotes
- Alex: GENIUS she’s following cat populations to understand ageing WOW Max Zadow all this stuff is going on University of Liverpool !!!! How did we not know !!! #weeknotes Pint of Science UK pic.twitter.com/alboSKghRW
- Alex: I want PNIS !!! #weeknotes Pint of Science UK pic.twitter.com/cB7EiZpmrY
- Alex: 42 Tesla to levitate a human. Hoooo yes Pint of Science UK #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/NzkL2gN42d
- Alex: Pepper, cayenne and more lime to top and let’s go! Din dons from the fridge! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/9rPL3aL0ft
- MCQN Ltd: This weeks #Weeknotes are up! Talking about the last two weeks as we missed last weekmcqn.com/posts/weeks-86…
- Jackie Pease: I remembered that my reprocessed PLA filament icosahedron uses an #esp8266 so now running #WLED – much easier to control the lights!
Made in October 2019 at Plastic Tactics #PlasticPlaygroup @doesliverpool
- DoES Liverpool: Excellent UV embroidery by Bob H, using our CNC embroidery machine, Fred.
- Alex: Looking forward to this! livlug #weeknotes twitter.com/yoctoproject/s…
- Alex: More Pint of Science UK – Creepy Crawlies this is Aaaaaawesome !!!!! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/jYKEWre0wl
- Alex: Some incredible talks tonight from LSTM 💙. It was an absolute privilege to listen to experts in their field telling us about their work. The first outstanding talk was from @Jtangena telling us about mosquitoes. It was incredible Pint of Science UK #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/OowYiqmXGZ
- Alex: Next up was Aitor Casas explaining his work on sugar coated covid which – frankly – blew my mind and made me even more proud of my City. Seriously amazing #weeknotes Pint of Science UK twitter.com/embedded_iot/s… pic.twitter.com/sR9G1bNl16
- Alex: And last, but by no means least, I was schooled in sex versus socetial drivem gender roles by Kerry Millington and Bertie Squire as relating to how we might look at improving health outcomes for Tuberculosis Pint of Science UK #weeknotes Wowzers! twitter.com/embedded_iot/s… pic.twitter.com/LqZjzl4r1G
- Alex: Really can’t find the words to express how impressed I am with Pint of Science UK here in Liverpool. We have incredible science being done here! And we don’t hear about it usually! Can’t wait for tonight’s talk LEAF on Bold St #weeknotespintofscience.co.uk/event/rise-of-…
- Alex: Here we go again! Pint of Science UK #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/T6MGA45mvw
- Alex: Another absolutely outstanding thought provoking evening Pint of Science UK LEAF on Bold St #weeknotes. They even gave me a T-shirt !!! pic.twitter.com/aSeBBZ0I7z
- Alex: So… vegan meat… not sure.. let’s try… #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/3MOTi7OwQp
- DoES Liverpool: Folk musician Gerry J trying out Russell Cottier #melodium on a visit to DoES Liverpool to laser cut some of his #Lyverchino coffee stencils
- Alex: When I was 18 a friend mine died unexpectedly from meningitis. I spoke with people from LSTM 💙 Pint of Science UK and this research might help. I’ve signed up and I’ll leave some fliers around DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/JOcJgkbRXP
- Matthew Croughan: My desk today. Someone said it looks like a hacker movie. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/46IPH7wXk1
- Alex: Had a fantastic chat with Marc Pous about #MING today Julian Todd we should put our heads together and revisit where we could take this containerised IoT stack together in future #weeknotes twitter.com/gy4nt/status/1…
- Alex: Very much looking forward to speaking on my GitHub #ci #Yocto journey at the awesome Yocto Project summit 2022.05 #weeknotesRegister now at: yoctoproject.org/yocto-project-…dynamicdevices.co.uk/speaking-at-th… pic.twitter.com/yN6shYHRTE
- chris huffee: Makerday marshmallow catapults DoES Liverpool
- Jackie Pease: Doing stephanie market today, showing off these lovely trinkets @collabedo and I have been making from recycled plastics – proceeds to Plastic Tactics.
NALINI MA popped down and took these photos.
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Thursday 19 May, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free regular meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Saturday 21 May 1:00pm – 5:00pm||Hack the Space Afternoon|
|Sunday 22 May, 2:00pm-5:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 373 open, 1319 closed
No new issues
Featured issue: status.doesliverpool.com is down. Can we move this on or close it?
7 issues closed:
- Popup banner has broken
- Large format printing only a narrow (A4-width) band
- What To Do With Mail
- Clarke belt sander
- Bicycle pump -letting out air
- Vacuum Former – needs addditional heating elements and/or a smaller frame to hold items in place
- Figure out giving people access to 3d printers remotely