Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
If you need visors then please fill in the “Request Visors” form at https://visors.doesliverpool.com/ – you don’t need to work for the NHS.
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: Finding new ways to drive lots of #Neopixels… New MCQN Ltd #weeknotes: Week 785 – Shedding Light on a New Product dlvr.it/RjvGQz
- Adrian McEwen: Multi-tasking. Creating new symbols in KiCad PCB for #ibal223, while documenting the process for part of the #ibal210 #PCB design course #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/iwX1VGTc1k
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: Incredible. Checked out Julian Todd‘s #TunnelVR code. Grabbed Windows Godot Engine. Ran it up and it’s working in the Oculus #RiftS headset and I am connected up and viewing the DoES Liverpool #MQTT coffee freshness. So easy. Wow. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/iyr2R9O5xI
- Julian Todd: Wled noise3 in a second 4-pin out esp32 board DoES Liverpool. Need to unroll the excess cables and find what’s missing before we can do the third. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/RocjggJA8a
- DoES Liverpool: Join us for our weekly #makernight. Every Thursday 7pm – 9pm.
General chat, show us your makes, tell us what you’re planning.
Online at jitsi.doesliverpool.com/bubblino
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: It’s all fun here today with Yocto Project and ST #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/5mskbBEegP
- DoES Liverpool: Some excellent work on the CNC router by Yang Shuo this week #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/M7BUEhI1ZU
- DoES Liverpool: Abdullah working late on his stock control project #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/eZMdNuIi6a
- Jackie Pease: Aiming to produce an SVG file to test out these paint markers with the pen plotter – in the meantime I quite like the way this looks on screen #p5js #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/R4zM4BnIvS
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 27 October, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group Online at https://jitsi.doesliverpool.com/bubblino|
|Thursday 29 October, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Maker Night Online at https://jitsi.doesliverpool.com/bubblino|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 350 open, 1162 closed
7 new issues:
- Consider Relocating large bandsaw
- Order laser ply
- Jitter when cutting on Gerald
- Set up a matrix server for the space
- Consider buying a new k40 laser to replace Sophia
- Get the electrician to complete his tasks
- There should be readily available snacks in the cupboard for people needing energy boosts.
Featured issue: Find a way to get github to send email notifications to the laser team. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed:
- List of things to make things
- Direct robotchallenge.doesliverpool A and AAAA records to my server to host forum.