Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
10th Anniversary Celebrations
We talked about having a party in the space during July – unfortunately COVID uncertainty meant we had to change our plans. At the Directors’ meeting we discussed rescheduling to August, but even then we still might be a bit restricted about what we can do – particularly in terms of the number of people we’d want to be in the space at the same time.
So, we’re looking at alternatives. We’d like to know which you’d prefer, and any ideas on how to make this an awesome celebration.
Things of Note
- Matthew Croughan: I may have an addiction.
#nixos #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ojYlc9Fkqc
- Robotorium: 30 lasercut flower presses made at @doesliverpool today. Thanks to my lovely daughter Peridot for helping, and to chris huffee for bringing food, drinks and lolly ices #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/pYC5SiG6bQ
- Matthew Croughan: Embroidering the #NixOS logo into some spare fabric on the embroidery machine at DoES Liverpool with Karen A Scott Maker as inductor. Too much fun… Wonder what I can make with this. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/NtwM5Z88Co
- Matthew Croughan: Our Nix summoning ritual. The #NixOS Notifier is becoming a thing.#weeknotes pic.twitter.com/cplkP4Jh3t
- DoES Liverpool: First knitting from Kath, our semi-industrial knitting machine, which Rose has been working on today #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/MbEjqRFzM5
- DoES Liverpool: Much needed cleaning of Tony the laser cutter – Karen A Scott Maker leaving parts of the honeycomb bed to soak in oven cleaner overnight #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/KLX3Tk9bvJ
- Karen A Scott Maker: Pleased with progress on Threaderic DoES Liverpool. Steep learning curve, inkscape/inkstitch.
Working on stitched Labyrinth, mystic rose, triskelion and labels for knitting machines. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/8tpq4MFqJy
- Karen A Scott Maker: DoES Liverpool Good progress with Jackie Pease. Made double layer packets w flat lay plastic heat sealed at one end. Filled w oven cleaner, rolled closed, left overnight, turned in morning, rinsed out and brushed after a few more hours. 2 rails and honeycomb done – 11 more to go. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/WBUQm54WPZ
- Lennon: Another lovely afternoon in the sun with Max Zadow and Alan. Formerly Bombed Out Church. A great day only improved when we randomly encountered Adrian McEwen. Thanks for a great time guys 🙏 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/GFQ7EwtrZF
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 27 July, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
|Thursday 29 July, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night in real life! Get your free ticket here
(limited numbers for the time being)
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 356 open, 1237 closed
2 new issues:
- Create a video showing usage of the Roland Vinyl Cutter
- Blind cord in event room spontaneously(ish) disassembled
Featured issue: Write down induction requirements for equipment being promoted to Class Red (i.e. powered and machine tools for wood and metal working). Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: