Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Laura James: #weeknotes intellectual debt, identity, puppies lbj20.blogspot.com/2020/02/weekno…Thanks to Neil Lawrence Jonathan Zittrain Adrian McEwen Heather Burns Lilian Edwards for talks/links/ideas
- violetmaze 🐨 💬🦔💬🐨: Plastic Tactics Arthur jackiesees I made this from all the tiny laser cut dogs I found that had been scrapped in the laser cutting room at DoES Liverpool! I bought the owl frame on a bric a brac stall at Granby market. It’s for my young nephew’s birthday 🦮🐕🦺🐕🦉🦉🦉#WeekNotes pic.twitter.com/DS521ZU8g3
- Alex Lennon (wondering how to teach IoT): The HyperRAM chips have arrived! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/CbJUQH3aUB
- Alex Lennon (wondering how to teach IoT): Here astralship.org watching KEGTV setup! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/n39uuwcJkV
- Zara, Alex and Huxley, new out of hours members “really excited to work on different projects here, fantastic equipment and vibe! Interested in Wearable Tech, Indy Bio and everything else …)
- 2nd canine vistor of the day, Bella, currently being looked after by Jess and Sophie
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 25 February, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group|
|Wednesday 26 February, 7:00pm-9:00pm||IoT Liverpool|
|Thursday 27 February, 6:00pm-9:00pm||AWS Liverpool Meetup|
|Thursday 27 February, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 29 February, 10:30am-1:30pm||An Introduction to Rubber Stamping (with Darran)|
|Sunday 01 March, 1:00pm-4:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 314 open, 1079 closed
4 new issues:
- Collective support to resolve our material storage
- New Mailboxes
- Which Printers Should We Keep?
- Corporate Desk Rates
Featured issue: Rear fire escape shutter is dysfunctional, does not close.. Can we move this on or close it?
6 issues closed:
- The B&W laser printer isn’t printing from the network
- Felicity has a troublesome temperature sensor
- Make use of the space next to Dinky, also resin printer pledge?
- Stop moving the bins in the accessible loo
- Establish a form of associate and/or reciprocal memberships
- Create a DoES Liverpool chores list on the wiki