Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
We’ve launched our next Boost membership campaign – click here to find out more and for the application form. On offer is one six month workshop membership and one six month allocated desk and workshop membership. The closing date for applications is 11th September, we’ll be holding the draw on 13th September and the membership will start on 1st October. We’d like to spread the message even further this time, so if you’ve know any groups or individuals who would benefit but might not know about DoES Liverpool, then please tell them!
Things of Note
- Alex: I broke my favourite coffee mug this morning in the sink DoES Liverpool. The handle still seems to fit: can #RepairCafe help me. I’d be so upset to lose this 😞 #weeknotes
- Alex: I really like this laptop. Nice thoughtful design. Even the screws don’t fall out! Framework #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/dKmrI8ZO4O
- Alex: Chicken Alexa with a mushroom, pine nut and olive sauce, garnished with a little coriander #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/UdxhHANcUn
- Alex: Digital Me. What do you reckon Andy Stanford-Clark Marc Pous Cybergibbons amal graafstra @dangerousthings Caroline Keep 🌟😊 DoES Liverpool #weeknotes #infosecyoutu.be/RqTTYUzVmzM
- Adrian McEwen: Still pondering on the ideas and conversations at the DoES Liverpool #FutureGazing session the other evening. Many thanks to We Have Never Been Individuals for organising, Kirsty Styles for facilitation assistance, and Homebaked Bakery for the pies 😍 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/edW2ZRHjJ1
- Alex: Pleased with this. Nice little MIPI display going #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/aK1sY6rJwO
- DoES Liverpool: Low poly cockerpoo Rory, 3d printed at today’s #makerday by Sophie G (plus extremely cute original)
- Caroline Keep 🌟😊: Lovely few hours today spent sewing with Robotorium ( who I just love hanging out with) up at DoES Liverpool. Dress sussed ❤️ #weeknotes
Think it will need lining thou! 🤣#RealDownTime who knew… 🤣
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 15 August, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Thursday 18 August, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free regular evening meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
|Sunday 21 August, 11:00am-3:00pm||Repair Café
Find out more and get your free ticket via EventBrite
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 362 open, 1358 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: The laser head appears to be randomly moving to other parts of the bed between cuts. Can we move this on or close it?
4 issues closed:
- The fly situation is going crazy
- Look into Fred firmware
- Contest business rates bill
- Work out how to make the door entry phone ringing during events less stressful