Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: It wasn’t really a /hard/ decision, but it wasn’t a fun one. The latest MCQN Ltd #weeknotes: Week 803 – Releasing Videos and (Temporarily) Pulling Products dlvr.it/RtDyVT
- Adrian McEwen: Got the high-current capability reworked & improved for the MCQN Ltd My Baby’s Got LED board. New design all worked up in KiCad PCB and a batch ordered from JLCPCB, so there should be fresh boards ready to buy mid-March. Waitlist at tindie.com/products/mcqn_… #weeknotes #ibal223 pic.twitter.com/ZvkCn7LPSF
- DoES Liverpool: Laser cutting news!
Following final adjustments on Thurs by @gorman662 and Sean J, our largest laser cutter, Tony, is now engraving really well. He uses different software than the others, so you’ll need to get a run through before starting to use for the first time #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/cLpZkDeAlR
- A. John Lennon: For anybody who was unlucky enough to miss our talk Ignite Liverpool: Andrea and myself opening the door into the private world of Bees 🐝… #HiveFidelity eh Andrew Bolster! #weeknotes DoES Liverpool #MakersHour Prof Lucy Rogers PhD FREng Andy Stanford-Clark Colin Sinclairyoutu.be/Y9Ji_9ZCZtY?t=…
- Arthur: £5 Argos coir mat etched with a 40W CO2 laser ⚡
– 100% Power
– 40% Speed
– 200 dots per inch
– 300 pulses per inch
– 2mm out of focus
– watched like a 👨🚒#weeknotes pic.twitter.com/UgP2bjaVhU
- Jackie Pease: Belatedly started on a Wiki page for DoES Liverpool AYAB equipped knitting machine Ariadne, while watching Karen A Scott Maker knitting a labyrinth pattern. Hopefully we can add more as we learn…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 02 March, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening
Online at https://ca.meet.coop/b/adr-ctr-trg
|Wednesday 03 March, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 04 March, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker-night
Online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 361 open, 1196 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: Make Dinky a nice space for meetings. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: