Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- DoES Liverpool: Cherry key fidget toy with 3d printed frame, made by Andy at #makernight #weeknotes instagram.com/p/Bm1omN1Htmv/…
- Adrian McEwen: Just re-read gilest.org/collecting-thi… (indirectly via Alyson Fielding), & archiving/collecting practice to develop an institutional memory feels relevant to Festival of Maintenance. The DoES Liverpool practice of #weeknotes has definitely built a corpus of interesting photos from the community.
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 27 August, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Thursday 30 August, 9:30am-10:30am||Visit to Liverpool Science Park|
|Thursday 30 August, 1:00pm-5:00pm||Introduction to Radio Production for Youtube|
|Thursday 30 August, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The Big Move
Did you hear, we’ve moved to The Tapestry, just off London Road. We’re open for business, but while we’re settling in we’re including a brief update on how things are going each week.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 277 open, 615 closed
6 new issues:
- DoES Promotional Events
- Promotional Materials
- Some of the backing board under the carpet is broken, in front of the TV
- Gerald doesn’t detect his datum point
- It is not possible to cut vinyl using Inkscape
- Clean and oil sewing machine
Featured issue: Install a hearing loop inside event rooms. Can we move this on or close it?
3 issues closed:
- Fix the accessible toilet’s occupancy indicator
- The vinyl-cutter PC needs a mouse
- Get a better computer for the vinyl cutter
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES! If you follow @DoESLiverpool on Twitter you can just include the #weeknotes tag on any posts you want to be included…