Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon: Bella dropping off @tesco all the food the DoES Liverpool community kindly gave to support SouthLivFoodbank The Trussell Trust #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/nxP2PWyI8Z
- Alex Lennon: In the immortal words of Andy Kaufman (and Mighty Mouse) #HereIComeToSaveTheDay for #Coffee DoES Liverpool #weeknotesyoutube.com/watch?v=hiu1wf… pic.twitter.com/kGvzmIkLZA
- Alex Lennon: A v2 #mitem bracket. Still needs a bit of work. Julian Todd #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Iah1GkH8BG
- Alex Lennon: This morning’s fun was supporting #espressif #ESP32 #heltec #TTGO #OTAU over WiFi with the rather nice JFrog Bintray platform. Works well. Need to deal with a few edge cases for connection failures but I now have #mitems we can firmware update wirelessly. Yay! #weeknotes twitter.com/embedded_iot/s…
- Alex Lennon: We’re all having lots of fun DoES Liverpool #MakerNight tonight scanning and 3D printing ourselves! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/iro7buoUqd
- Alex Lennon: FPGA board has arrived! Gonna be another fun day today… #RiscV
- Alex Lennon: That frisson of excitement when you’re getting into new tech. and have absolutely no idea what you’re doing. Verilog here I come… #canimakethiswork #fpga #weeknotes
- Ross Dalziel: Merry Xmas domesticscience yr all set for 2019 with https #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: Lots of fun with Julian Todd today discovering that we can compile ESP32 ULP core programs on the fly within MicroPython. And the STORE instruction stores weird PC stuff in the upper 16-bits of a 32-bit destination. #weeknotesgithub.com/ThomasWaldmann…
- Jackie Pease: #tensegrity #dodecahedron made from laser cut ply and elastic cord #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BsBh4I3lUwM/…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Wednesday 02 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 03 January, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 307 open, 711 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Flooring in the main room. Can we move this on or close it?
4 issues closed:
- Get the 3D sense scanner working
- Clean Sophia’s bed
- Put signage on dangerous equipment as a temporary measure
- Find a way to remove the broken bit of Gerald’s duct pipe from the outside of the building
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!