Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- John McKerrell: Another late one for the monthly DoES Liverpool Directors meeting but a definite feeling that we progressed two big issues and left with real actions. #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Grateful to John McKerrell, chris huffee and Jackie Pease for the hard work and long hours we’re putting in to keep things moving forward at DoES Liverpool #weeknotes twitter.com/mcknut/status/…
- Adrian McEwen: Considering raising an “apology for all the emails you’re about to get” issue in the DoES Liverpool given the number of emails I’m generating from the issues being spawned during this #DoESMove meeting #weeknotes
- Liverpool Code Club: 20 pressure-sensitive lighting kits coming up!! Thanks to DoES Liverpool for the free wires 🙂 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/MaKqgohVaz
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 27 February, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Thursday 01 March, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The Big Move
With our move to the Tapestry looming, we’re including a brief update on how things are going each week.
We’ve chosen the contractor to do the fit-out, and they’re confident it’ll only take a couple of weeks to get all the work done. There was also another meeting with the electrician to finalise the details for the socket positions, rings needed, etc.
We’ve got a date for when the Internet goes live at the Tapestry, which is March 19th.
While we still haven’t formally received the keys, we have got access to start moving things over. Obviously this will be the non-essential stuff at first, as we can’t move properly until after our fit-out, but expect the rallying of people to carry and drive vans to start soon!
There are lots of things to do, both with the move and in preparation for the move. If you want to help out, check the DoES Move The Tapestry label on the Somebody Should issue list, or get in touch.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 197 open, 473 closed
10 new issues:
- Review and improve our administrative software usage
- Take measurements and photos on next visit to The Tapestry
- Work out the spec for the doors between the events and secure co-working space
- Work out the hot water feed to the sinks
- Work out how to secure new lockable coworking area
- Install baby-change facilities in the accessible toilet
- Install the required electrical circuits, sockets, etc.
- Install the hatch between the kitchen and event room
- Buy a new collet for Felicity
- DoES media advertising (“corporate”-style video)
Featured issue: Create a wishlist for the new space. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed:
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!