Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Anne-Marie Jane: Every first & third Thursday in the month we’ll be meeting at @doesliverpool Maker Night from 7.30-9.30pm for Maker Music Night. Come along and get involved!
- Alex: Having a rather thought-provoking evening with Liverpool Salon tonight hosted at The Athenaeum. We’re discussing “Utopia” tonight #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/uz5pVSBKYl
- DoES Liverpool: We picked the names for the October start DoES Liverpool Boost Membership earlier this week and Phoebe Bailey is the lucky winner of the desk membership!
We haven’t met Phoebe yet and are looking forward to seeing her in the space soon.
- Kirsty Styles: I won a free spot DoES Liverpool for 6 months so I could get on with my #phdlife. As a thank you, I am forcing @defnetmedia Robotorium Jen Hayes Seán Gleeson and Anne-Marie Jane to do standup – and getting people to watch!Come! tinyurl.com/doesdoesstandup#weeknotes pic.twitter.com/EuC6mnKdda
- Alex: He’s on a roll! You too can have one of these amazing MQTT Tasmota devices from the KettleCompanion.com website #weeknotes twitter.com/MolloyLaurence…
- Jackie Pease: Good idea from #repaircafe Stuart – using cable insulation to stop my makeshift lamp standoffs from scratching the shelf surface.
- DoES Liverpool: Taking advantage of a lull at today’s #repaircafe – sanna king eating the world’s biggest muffin and recycling waste plastic into jellyfish for Imaginate Festival next Sunday for SavingRonsPlace
- Anne-Marie Jane: It’s great to see customer photos of these Plastic Tactics recycled plastic flowers made this summer!
- Jackie Pease: Looking for a power cable DoES Liverpool (or anywhere else for that matter).
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 19 September, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Thursday 22 September, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker NightOur free regular evening meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for maerials used.|
|Saturday 24 September||
Plastic Tactics and Repair Cafe are taking part in Homebaked Anfield’s Market at Isla Gladstone conservatory in Stanley Park (join us there!).
|Saturday 24 September, 7:00pm-11:59pm||Spill Yer Tea – “a radical and experimental event of performance art” are holding an event downstairs in the Fashion Hub, and using our event space as a green room – you can get tickets via Eventbrite|
|Sunday 25 September, 2:00pm-5:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (main space) – cancelled
This week’s workshop has been cancelled as Plastic Tactics are taking part in Homebaked Anfield’s Market at Isla Gladstone conservatory in Stanley Park on Saturday (join us there!).
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 369 open, 1362 closed
5 new issues:
- Finish building the power supply for the Fernanda Wings
- McGraw seems to be sticking (esp. on the long axis) and making loud vibrating noises
- Fred in need(le)
- Set up the new large-format printer
- Order more cartridges for Queen Victoria.
Featured issue: Create a “Cost of Being Epic” poster for the space (and online). Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed: