Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- Matthew Croughan: At astralship.org we now have our own piano. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/KcnBk760t5
- Matthew Croughan: The sights that can be seen at astralship.org #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/52ps9eRNdE
- MCQN Ltd: Working on a laser-cut mounting plate for the My Baby’s Got LED board to fasten it to the ATX power supply and make installations neater #ibal223 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/dkeJxyVZtQ
- MCQN Ltd: From zero to flashy lights in under 3 minutes! A little video showing how easy the My Baby’s Got LED board is to use #ibal223 #weeknotes #Neopixel #LED #esp8266 youtube.com/watch?v=txAYca…
- Adrian McEwen: Got my FOSDEM talk written and recorded. It’s ended up part-manifesto-for-#OSHW, part-how-to-for-#IndieMfg. Join me on 7th Feb to watch it and join the discussion afterwards fosdem.org/2021/schedule/… #weeknotes
- Karen A Scott Maker: Researching and sampling string art techniques. Repurposing sweet tub plastic, practising on templates kindly lasercut by @Jackie_Pease. Brushing up on geometry, experimenting with different methods, collaborating and blending ideas #weeknotes #stringart #recycling pic.twitter.com/S2ASSGu6rD
- Jackie Pease: Attempting to record time lapse of the pen plotter using my #raspberrypi HQ camera – going to need to buy a zoom lens #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/03lqD6636O
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 18 January, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening – Optimism Software|
|Thursday 21 January, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night Online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 355 open, 1187 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Replace toner (and belt unit?) in the OKI colour printer. Can we move this on or close it?
7 issues closed:
- Gerald Stopped Cutting Mid Job and LCD Screen went blank.
- Felicity’s head seems blocked
- Prints Adam seems to have blocked print head
- Get more carpet tape for the CNC router
- Dishwasher is flooding the kitchen
- Set up the new table saw
- Buy new white acrylic sheets