Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon: The guys in the office have banded together to get me a prezzie! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/viqaLpNt3x
- Alex Lennon: Well blow me down. It’s working. Is that awesome or what? Creality #resin #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/JFkgwxAiZb
- Alex Lennon: Cute huh? #resin #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/NhUXy806vq
- DoES Liverpool: Second week of our Wearable Tech Badge Workshop Series. High concentration levels now we’ve introduced the #esp8266 boards…
- Alex Lennon: I’m liking this #resin printing a lot #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/S1zw8deD0x
- Adrian McEwen: Discovering the real reason DoES Liverpool is a kid-friendly #coworking space: making the workers relieved that they don’t have to go to school any more #weeknotes
- IoT Liverpool Meetup: Rich Baylis and Will Boyce of balena LIVE here DoES Liverpool KQ Liverpool talking to us about the great IoT management ecosystem they’ve built! #weeknotesyoutu.be/6_PQ-YFjxkU
- IoT Liverpool Meetup: Hearing all about the balena Fin board now! Raspberry Pi #ComputeModule #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/pkO8BdSG8B
- IoT Liverpool Meetup: So Dan Lynch of the @MakeSpaceLive team has now post-edited and uploaded the IoT Liverpool Meetup talk by Rich Bayliss and Will Boyrce on the balena IoT @docker device management stack! Watch and enjoy! #weeknotesyoutube.com/watch?v=Q0R7S6…
- Adrian McEwen: Second #LiverpoolHannahLinks Hannah Festival delivery. Peloton are on a mission to get more people cycling: affordable bikes/repairs at the #bikiosks; confidence-building (fun) group rides; cargo bike hire/last-mile delivery through Agile; and much more #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Hd8vIJjZd6
- DoES Liverpool: Thanks Alex Lennon, Julian Todd and Zombie Chris for carrying our latest addition to the workshop from Fabrication Studio up the road, who donated it to us 😍. Yay for Fabric District collaboration and neighbourliness! ✊🎉 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/hCxIYLdNuH
- chris huffee: This is the SVG pattern generator I was talking about when we were embroidering today Jackie Pease. patternjs.com I think they’d look great laser cut too #weeknotes
(Via Michael Dales )
- Alex Lennon: First attempt at a UV bath for curing the resin prints DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/yEW4eHrVV7
- Jackie Pease: My first ever visit to Little Sandbox
– enticed by their new embroidery machine. I expect I’ll be back…
Thanks Robotorium and chris huffee for showing us round #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/O8kTk3C7ZB
- DoES Liverpool: Excellent work by everyone at our first Repair Cafë this year – items fixed included puppy-chewed shoes and slippers, much loved XBox, radios, speakers, zips, bags, clothes dryers …and an ET in need of recapitation #weeknotes#visiblemending #repaircafe #slowfashion pic.twitter.com/3T8sff64Cn
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 28 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group|
|Thursday 30 January, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night|
|Sunday 02 February, 1:00pm-4:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 307 open, 1069 closed
4 new issues:
- Top up the oil in the sewing machine
- Set up new industrial sewing machine
- Experiment laser cutting circuits from mirrored acrylic
- Put 3D printers in a server enclosure we’ve been offered
Featured issue: status.doesliverpool.com is down. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed:l
- Organize a Friday epic trip to Bangor Fablab and then stay overnight in the Astral ship
- Log a complaint about the council’s phone service
Thanks amcewen, johnmckerrell!