Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- MCQN Ltd: Latest gadget to arrive in DoES Liverpool, complete with potentially 2nd World War-era roll of paper #ibal229 #teletype #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/97tKZXrKdB
- Adrian McEwen: The latest MCQN Ltd #weeknotes: Week 798 – Conference Talk Driven Development dlvr.it/Rqn9Tw
- DoES Liverpool: Today marks exactly one DECADE(!!) since a bunch of us gathered at the LJMU Art and Design Academy for the first ever #MakerNight 🎂 Here’s the agenda from that first event. Looking forward to when we can get back together in person on Thursday evenings for more making #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/B8Wa3xxDGD
- Adrian McEwen: Here’s the original posting from Ross announcing it groups.google.com/g/nw-hack-spac… I celebrated the anniversary by spending the evening in the online monthly DoES Liverpool directors’ meeting #weeknotes twitter.com/DoESLiverpool/…
- DoES Liverpool: Really interesting talk by pat link at last Thursday’s virtual #makernight, on recycling HDPE to produce beautiful marbled bowls and materials for NestonHighSchool-Makerspace CNC work.
We’ll have another talk in a few weeks (with more notice for those who missed this one) #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/tEDAzDyAtY
- Jackie Pease: Learning more about #biomaterials on STEAMhouse Matthew Materio Biobox course.
Today I’m working on one of the base recipes, using this magnetic stirrer/heater that Lazarus ‘Long’ Lennon brought in to DoES Liverpool a while ago #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/2cC3O5t7Zw
- Jackie Pease: Good to know that socially useful initiatives like Imogen’s Liverpool Tool Library haven’t been stopped by the pandemic. Great for those who’ve taken up lockdown DIY!
(DoES Liverpool people might recognise owner Imogen as one of last summer’s visor project volunteers)
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 26 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
|Thursday 28 January, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker-night online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 356 open, 1187 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: Create a “Cost of Being Epic” poster for the space (and online). Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed