Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: #3dprinted Liver Bird from the old Sailors Home. Original in Museum of Liverpool, model by Thomas Flynn. instagram.com/p/4RFFkujVSs/ #weeknotes
- Def-Proc: Making makers for Liverpool MakeFest #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/2ljyajfuK9
- DoES Liverpool: We’re 30% of the way to our goal of getting Gerald and Sophia awesome upgrades. Help us go all the way! doesliverpool.com/press-releases… #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: #weeknotes RT MCQN Ltd: Sneak peek of part of the DoES Liverpool #LivMF display instagram.com/p/4UQUjODVfI/
- IoT Liverpool Meetup: Pizza eaten. Now hearing about how to monitor industrial equipment better using PLEQ Ltd‘s kit #weeknotes #iot
- IoT Liverpool Meetup: What motors look like when you don’t spot problems early PLEQ Ltd #IoT #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/7iGBXaoa4P
- Adrian McEwen: Great to hear PLEQ Ltd are an #iot startup having to fend off customers while they develop their tech! #weeknotes IoT Liverpool Meetup
- Def-Proc: 90 complete, more than halfway though Liverpool MakeFest #MakerBadges #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/j6AY1WkDVV
- Def-Proc: . Liverpool MakeFest badges complete, just waiting on lanyards #weeknotes cc/ Caroline Keep Mark Feltham pic.twitter.com/J8z33266vT
- Def-Proc: Yay, lanyards too! All ready for pickup/collection Liverpool MakeFest Caroline Keep #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/RVEiRAaqaG
- Def-Proc: Hacking Laser Challenge for sound with Ross Dalziel at DoES Liverpool #weeknotes It’ll be ready tomorrow! Right?… pic.twitter.com/ny1NECvR9t
- Adrian McEwen: Good to have @Bubblino back in fine fettle ready for tomorrow’s Liverpool MakeFest. Turns out 6 years is how long his motor will last #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: (DoES Liverpool #IoT device count)++ My Good Night Lamp set has returned from being tweaked 😀 #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Listening to RatholeRadio.org over FM – 90.5 if you’re (very!) near DoES Liverpool – while testing DoES Tower for Liverpool MakeFest #weeknotes
- Def-Proc: Last minute DoES Tower adjustments from Brett Lempereur DoES Liverpool Liverpool MakeFest #weeknotes green pic.twitter.com/OYklFZTdJc
- Adrian McEwen: You can only just see it, but I can pick up DoES Tower‘s Radio #MakeFest on the top floor of Liverpool Libraries!!! #weeknotes
- Ross Dalziel: #MFUKLC all ready and now with extra #mario sound! Liverpool MakeFest DoES Liverpool #LivMF #weeknotes DoES Tower pic.twitter.com/7fPXeV55od
- MCQN Ltd: The @DoESLiverpool stand here at @lpoolmakefest #weeknotes
- MCQN Ltd: Lovely #pinhole camera, lasercut at @DoESLiverpool #livmf #weeknotes
- Ross Dalziel: a.P.A.t.T. prepare for battle Laser Challenge Liverpool MakeFest DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/YbULJ5xEIg
- John McKerrell: (Most of) The #LivMF committee posing for their photo #weeknotes vine.co/v/eJhpbxHVWDY
- Caroline Keep: The exhausted board of #LivMF chilling with beer and pizza DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/3vxWTWdW1F
- chris huffee: Looking good DoES Tower ! flic.kr/p/veDj1m #LivMF DoES Liverpool #weeknotes
- Caroline Keep: DoES Tower Pmsl !!!! Someone pick him up from #LivFM… #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Caroline Keep Hehe. Have stuck the camera back on DoES Tower now, so hopefully it’ll show pics of it in DoES Liverpool Dinky now #weeknotes
- Caroline Keep: Adrian McEwen DoES Tower DoES Liverpool Epic was worried he would get Demophobia after yesterday 😉 Glad to see him home last night #weeknotes
- Novoda: We used the DoES Liverpool laser cutter and facilities last week to help complete our Android project. Read about it in our making of an Android Auto demo unit write-up.
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 30 June, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Geek Up|
|Wednesday 01 July, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Saturday 04 July, 10:00am-3:00pm||Introduction to Laser Cutting|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 90 open, 80 closed
2 new issues:
1 issue closed:
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!