Last Friday and Saturday saw this year’s edition of the Craft Council’s Make:Shift:Do, a programme of workshops, open days and events all across the UK.
We’ve celebrated Make:Shift:Do here at DoES Liverpool for each year it’s run and this year was no different. We put on an open day and a series of workshops.
There was a whole range of things for people to try out: you could design and make your own t-shirt; create a musical LED pumpkin; get your fact 3d-scanned; or build some LED jewellery and soft circuits.
To give a flavour of what went on we’ve collected together some of the tweets and photos from the day.
If you missed out on coming along, or are itching to get on with more making, remember you can always come along to one of our regular Maker Nights (every Thursday evening, 6:30-9pm) or Maker Days (the second Saturday each month, 10am-5pm).
- Jackie Pease: Last chance! Simple electronic jewellery workshop DoES Liverpool this Saturday 29 Oct at 14:00 eventbrite.com/e/makeshiftdo-… #CCMakeShiftDo
- chris huffee: Ghost by Kate North for DoES Liverpool #CCmakeshiftdo open day on Saturday. craftscouncil.org.uk/listings/makes… pic.twitter.com/KFkcl8GQQw
- laura pullig: Soft Circuit with programmable LED’s for tomorrows Electronic Jewellery workshop DoES Liverpool for the… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…
- chris huffee: Open day today DoES Liverpool #CCmakeshiftdo craftscouncil.org.uk/listings/makes… pic.twitter.com/fmA4vGzuc2
- Little Sandbox: FINALLY! Made it to a maker day at DoES Liverpool #CCmakeshiftdo #SingingGlowingPumpkin
- chris huffee: Feedback from a happy maker! DoES Liverpool #CCmakeshiftdo pic.twitter.com/Yj68qPiQC2
- Jackie Pease: Singing glowing pumpkin ? workshop DoES Liverpool Crafts Council UK #ccmakeshiftdo pic.twitter.com/vmZVprEpmy
- DoES Liverpool: Loving Jamie Roberts‘ hand-drawn map of DoES to help people find their way round #CCmakeshiftdo pic.twitter.com/TWHfOkWD61
- chris huffee: ..and making!
T-shirt made at DoES Liverpool #CCmakeshiftdo pic.twitter.com/UR2LgljsCi
- Jackie Pease: T shirt design workshop DoES Liverpool Crafts Council UK #CCmakeshiftdo pic.twitter.com/N29xHNhVS6
- Adrian McEwen: It’s well worth checking out the ##CCmakeshiftdo tweets today – all manner of #maker #tech #craft happenings across the country
- Adrian McEwen: Here at DoES Liverpool you can design your own t-shirt, make a musical pumpkin, build electro-jewellery or get 3d-scanned #CCmakeshiftdo
- chris huffee: Wearable tech with laura pullig DoES Liverpool #CCmakeshiftdo pic.twitter.com/sU67soFfxG
- Little Sandbox: LED Jewellery DoES Liverpool #CCMakeShiftDo pic.twitter.com/gROm95NdQy
- Jackie Pease: Electronic jewellery workshop DoES Liverpool @Craftscounciluk #ccmakeshiftdo pic.twitter.com/d6Vo0mO7d2
- Jackie Pease: T-shirt design workshop DoES Liverpool #CCmakeshiftdo pic.twitter.com/vNEVwPelej
- Jamie Roberts: DoES Liverpool open day #CCmakeshiftdo pic.twitter.com/EGfG4Yi5Ts
- Jackie Pease: The @DoesLiverpool Knitic, attracting attention at Crafts Council UK #ccmakeshiftdo day pic.twitter.com/c2Fib07rlY
- chris huffee: Cutest t shirt of the day. Made at DoES Liverpool. #CCmakeshiftdo pic.twitter.com/Gp7ZlsT81I
- DoES Liverpool: Another awesome t-shirt design, made here at #ccmakeshiftdo pic.twitter.com/zr1w7AbqLn
- Nicky: thanks to everyone involved today in the T-shirt design workshop DoES Liverpool
- Jackie Pease: Weeding garment vinyl for t-shirt DoES Liverpool t-shirt workshop, part of @craftscounciluk #ccmakeshiftdo festival pic.twitter.com/6X9EmyLHER
- Adrian McEwen: Proper Liverpool evaluation response “it was boss!” #ccmakeshiftdo pic.twitter.com/q2JbNuLvt0
- laura pullig: A couple of today’s soft circuits from #CCmakeshiftdo DoES Liverpool pic.twitter.com/88KXbfXFRq
- Jamie Roberts: DoES Liverpool #CCmakeshiftdo t shirt! pic.twitter.com/cQ4bhpqlk9
- Ross Dalziel: Felix’s Half lava brand is born! DoES Liverpool #weeknotes #CCmakeshiftdo pic.twitter.com/oTceFUc9gj
- Jackie Pease: Rob’s laser-cut dolls house (work in progress), on display DoES Liverpool Crafts Council UK #CCmakeshiftdo open day pic.twitter.com/49QG58AmgH
- chris huffee: All done for this year from DoES Liverpool Thanks to everyone who came! #CCmakeshiftdo pic.twitter.com/c2050dLW2i
- Jackie Pease: Thanks to all the DoES people (and others) who contributed to yesterday’s DoES Liverpool Crafts Council UK #ccmakeshiftdo event yesterday?