Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- John McKerrell: First flowers on the DoES Liverpool potatoes! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/vbmY3xRp6T
- John McKerrell: “Rooster [potatoes are] known for growing to a height of approximately 3.90 feet” I should perhaps have read this article earlier #weeknotes
- BlondieSwan: #laser #cutting from the #being of the #week and #moulded to #shape , #weeknotes , #would not of been #able to do it #without DoES Liverpool
- Def-Proc: Always nice when machines contain their own description! #weeknotes #vacFormer DoES Liverpool pic.twitter.com/h75wr3BoMW
- John McKerrell: Brilliant! #weeknotes RT dazzling: Another fun day at DoES Liverpool making laser cut wedding name place settings. pic.twitter.com/IM2JBcum1n
- Adrian McEwen: Huge #3dprinter plastic order placed at Faberdashery so we’ll have lots of choice for the DoES Liverpool #DesktopProsthetics proj #weeknotes
- John McKerrell: If you want to hear Francis Irving talk about Sharing humanitarian data at the United Nations, RSVP here! meetup.com/GeekUp-Liverpo… #weeknotes
- Ross Dalziel: Ed just completed his #3dprinted tuning peg DoES Liverpool for this Tenor guitar from the early 1930’s #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/wgOvGmknjn
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 26 May, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Geek Up – Francis Irving talks about Sharing humanitarian data at the United Nations|
|Wednesday 27 May, 7:00pm-9:00pm||IoT Liverpool|
|Thursday 28 May, 4:30pm-6:30pm||RSA Livecast: Designing a World Where People Come First|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 76 open, 73 closed
5 new issues:
- We need You Can Book Me to avoid public holidays
- Switch over Sophia server with desktop computer
- We should have a booking system for out of hours laser use
- The laser coolant water needs changing
- Sophia’s air assist needs a clean
1 issue closed:
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!