Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Def-Proc: We’re part of the Innovation Network with the award winning Push To Talk : youtube.com/watch?v=lnGGcp… cc/ So-Mo DoES Liverpool #weeknotes
- Zarino Zappia: Very impressed by FoundersHub Cardiff. Would love DoES Liverpool to look and feel like this one day. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/4aGp5vzd54
- DoES Liverpool: MT Mandy H: Been using the fab laser cutter. This is the new grill panel for my button accordion! pic.twitter.com/dWzI1UskTX #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: TIL at DoES Liverpool that Def-Proc has a special marketing voice #weeknotes
- thingomy: DoES Liverpool #weeknotes I worked out why I couldn’t SSH into it — it was switched off. #helpsifitspluggedin
And an update via email from Graham Ogle…
- I’ve been building a wide range signal generator from 500KHz through to 30MHz tunable in 1 Hz steps. This uses a cheap DDS (direct digital synthesis) module from ebay, an Arduino Pro Mini, a rotary encoder and an LCD. I’m currently building this into a simple direct conversion receiver for the HF frequency bands.
- I’ve also set up a Meetup Group, Halkyn Amateur Radio and Electronics, for our radio club talks which will hopefully get new members and expand the range of interests covered. I’m giving a talk on the 25th of February, “Arduino and Picaxe microcontrollers”.
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 23 February, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Tuesday 24 February, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Geek Up – Introduction to Elm, A functional reactive programming language|