Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
It’s that time again! Find out more about our free 6 month Boost membership and apply here (and you can read more about Gabby, one of our current Boost members, here).
At the moment Weeknotes is mainly compiled from Tweets posted by members of the community, using an automated program that searches for the hashtag #weeknotes on accounts we follow. It’s still working at the moment, but no guarantees.
DoES Liverpool has now got a Mastodon account (as mentioned below, you can follow us at does.social/@DoESLiverpool or @DoESLiverpool@does.social), and we’re aiming to collect your weeknotes from there as soon as possible (there’s an open Git issue here).
For the time being, it would be great if you could post your weeknotes to both – if you don’t have a Mastodon account it might be a good time to set one up (ask if you don’t know how – there’s a DoES Liverpool instance that people in the community are welcome to join if you want). And please don’t stop posting weeknotes!
Things of Note
- Mini Sew N Sew: Used an old shed door to produce my weather board for our #eyfs garden #upcycling #resources laser cut the symbols at DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/aaBiRuAgEv
- @email@example.com: What more could a daughter want than fresh baked sour dough bread? #Weeknotes pic.twitter.com/fIIRep47l6
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: Philip FOSDEM @email@example.com Like a lot of us I suspect I do what I do because I Iike it and it scratches an itch. But I would like some kind of closed loop to know if I’m scratching my itches alone in my pants in the shed, or being useful to people IRL 😁#weeknotes
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: Very pleased to announce that Dynamic Devices is working with MVine Ltd on cutting edge embedded technology for an ESA backed “Digital Twin technology powered by space assets for emergency services” #INST #weeknotesmvine.com/mvine-wins-con…
- @email@example.com: Lovely evening tonight with all at Brett Centre for Entrepreneurship and LJMU Startup TeacherWaf at the wonderful The Athenaeum club in central Liverpool, chatting about the joys and perils of entrepreneurship. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Shem1o3XwX
- MCQN Ltd: It seems chris huffee has taken to setting quiz questions in the #weeknotes now! 😆 Week 907 – Tracing rainbowsmcqn.com/posts/week-907…#PCB #protocol #ESP32 #Arduino
- Adrian McEwen @firstname.lastname@example.org: A packed DoES Liverpool today for the Merseyside Cycling Campaign #AGM#MerseyCycle2023 #BikeTooter #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/XEXpC1vHPw
- @email@example.com: We had THE most wonderful #BottomlessBrunch Lu Ban Liverpool this afternoon. Even gran who usually hates these things wants to come back. Thanks so much to Warwick, Vlad and the team and we cannot wait to come and sample some of those wines you have in store. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/uuTmxzzXIF
- Plastic Tactics: Colourful Cluedo pieces laser cut from sweet tub lids by Lotus Brook and family at today’s #PlasticPlaygroup
- @firstname.lastname@example.org: And then on the way back to Central Station the Head of Steam Liverpool. Just because I love these folks and can’t pass by without saying hallo. A proper decent local business. Look at that Valkyrie lad smiling at me 🤣 #Weeknotes pic.twitter.com/1wWkZcM3rF
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 27 February, 9:00am-5:30pm||Fearless Academy|
|Monday 27 February, 7:00pm-9:00pm||7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group|
|Wednesday 01 March, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 02 March, 7:00pm-11:00pm||LivNUG (Liverpool Nix/NixOS User Group)|
|Thursday 02 March, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Our free weekly evening meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 376 open, 1398 closed
3 new issues:
- Tony moving fine but not firing the laser
- Wirral Makefest – 3 June 2023 – DoES Liverpool stand
- Liverpool Makefest – 1 July 2023 – DoES Liverpool stand
Featured issue: Make Dinky a nice space for meetings. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed