Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- DoES Liverpool: Last Saturday’s Repair Café – sewing machine day (3 repairs), plus retro music players (tape and minidisc).
Next one (and last one for this year) is on Sunday 21st November, 11am – 5pm.
#repaircafe #repairrecyclereuse #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/2DrH2yn4Ke
- Black Magic I of Things: I have invented #CheerTunes Andy Stanford-Clark. If you tweet a Spotify URI such as the one below, any listening Spotify client – currently just me will play the artist/track/playlist you provide #weeknotes twitter.com/embedded_iot/s…
- Jackie Pease: Sound reactive #WLED lights reacting to a WW2 teleprinter in the background (🤷♀️ @doesliverpool)
The #WS2812 strip used in this prototype had been stuck down in a grid for a few years – I really like the resulting crinkly effect through a Mylar diffusion layer
- Jackie Pease: Dropped one of these – so now we know how many 18650s are inside (seemed to go back together ok…)
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 26 October, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group – online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
|Thursday 28 October, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night – get your free ticket here|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 359 open, 1261 closed
No new issues
Featured issue: We don’t know what signs we need up in the space. Can we move this on or close it?
4 issues closed:
- Shutter doorbot isn’t reading cards
- Consider how we make the mailboxes wheelchair-accessible
- Write a blog post about the BioMaterials talk for Ignite Liv
- What do we need from CostCo?