Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- DoES Liverpool: The Defence Dress – ready for it’s catwalk debut at @littleinventors exhibition opening in Newcastle this Friday #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/aFwcZ4D40u
- Adrian McEwen: It’s taken seven years, but finally someone has stepped up to learning some Ruby so they can help John McKerrell and I manage some of the DoES Liverpool software infrastructure. Thanks Will Robinson! #weeknotes
- Ross Dalziel: And we’re off! First print of Thoughts on the Desktop prototype for NeuroMuscular Centre for the #NMCreativity workshop Sat 23rd June #3Dprinting bit.ly/2JKiNzb with help from DoES Liverpool & ULTIMAKER GB
- DoES Liverpool: Today’s drama: up on the roof with the neighbouring builders to free a seagull who’d got trapped in some netting #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/L5GsLeAIY9
- Ross Dalziel: First printed prototype Thoughts on the Desktop dock with ULTIMAKER GB #microbit for NeuroMuscular Centre clearly I’ve been thinking about #Minecraft again… More like reminiscing an old print in clear PLA designed in Printcraft #weeknotes github.com/cheapjack/Thou…
- DoES Liverpool: Here’s Olivia with the Defence Dress she designed, and which was brought to life by DoES makers for the Little Inventors exhibition at Great Exhibition of the North
- Jackie Pease: Follow @maintenancefest for #maintenanceInspiration, and keep 22 September free for the conference in London – and we’ll be live streaming it at DoES Liverpool too #weeknotes twitter.com/MaintenanceFes…
- Ross Dalziel: First printed prototype Thoughts on the Desktop dock for #NMCCreativity NeuroMuscular Centre NMC Design&Print Matthew Lanham sure we’ll have an impressive print queue by end of the day. Hopefully not everyone thinks in #Minecraft #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/0gf3s6AlDk
- Zarino Zappia: Today’s DoES Liverpool watercooler flavour: Mint and Grapefruit. Here’s an action shot of it being filled up. I couldn’t even wait for it to go out on the table. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/aYn2n0OWQi
- Jackie Pease: At @littleinventors exhibition at Great Exhibition of the North 2018 – here’s Olivia with the “Defence Dress” put together by @doesliverpool makers, plus some of the other fantastic inventions #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BkVDFwnnypV/…
- Alex Lennon: Building the Flow Hive today DoES Liverpool Andrea #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/8L6kFBIvBs
- Alex Lennon: Making Flow Hive beehive DoES Liverpool today! #epic #weeknotes Andrea Paul M Furley #InternetOfBees pic.twitter.com/H2SzkzmLD4
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 25 June, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Wednesday 27 June, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Artists’ Network|
|Thursday 28 June, 5:00pm-8:00pm||Futuristic Materials Workshop|
|Thursday 28 June, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Friday 29 June, 4:00pm-9:00pm||Futuristic Materials Workshop|
|Friday 29 June, 6:00pm-9:00pm||Preparations for Liverpool MakeFest. Times not exact, but gathering at DoES at 6pm and then heading to Central Library.|
|Saturday 30 June, 9:00am-5:00pm||Liverpool MakeFest at Central Library|
|Sunday 1 July, 10:30am-3:00pm||Maker Brunch|
The Big Move
Did you hear, we’ve moved to The Tapestry, just off London Road. We’re open for business, but while we’re settling in we’re including a brief update on how things are going each week.
We’ve got hot water in the toilets! This mightn’t seem a big deal (and really, it isn’t, the only reason we didn’t have it from the off here at the Tapestry is because the water heater fitted wasn’t powerful enough. We’ve got a new one now), but it was something that we didn’t have at all in our six-and-a-half years at Gostins.
This week we did some more sorting out boxes and tidying things up, partly so we could empty the user research lab room in preparation for it getting fitted out. We also got the window frames painted in Room 29. Both of the workshop rooms now have doors fitted, although they need a top coat of paint over the primer.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 271 open, 565 closed
8 new issues:
- Add a recycling box for glass bottles
- Make some more acrylic card stands for MakeFest on 30 June
- Sink elbow joint came loose
- Fill in details about the networking system
- Set up an OpenSource DoES testing OpenBTS GSM/GPRS cell
- Work out which bits of “character” electricals metalwork we want to remove
- Improve storage in the solvents cupboard
- doesliverpool.com – no SPF record present
Featured issue: We should have some waterproof flooring in the kitchen area. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed:
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!