Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: In the latest MCQN Ltd #weeknotes chris huffee starts making nice shapes on the DoES Liverpool #CNC router: Week 863 – Further adventures in FreeCAD dlvr.it/SNwxhR
- Alex: I am stunned at what I’ve done here. A broccoli and cauli mustard mash, topped with a spiced rack of tender stem brocs, green beans, and turmeric chestnut mushrooms #weeknotes and din dons x pic.twitter.com/WRga5zpCZD
- Adrian McEwen: OH in the MCQN Ltd studio: It’s just a simple job in FreeCAD #weeknotes
- Alex: Apparently unattributed but I can wel believe it’s Vonnegut, and I love this. It took me until my late thirties to understand the importance of this and I try to teach it so people don’t miss out like I did #weeknotes Francis Fish 🇾🇪 🏳️🌈 🏳️⚧️ #BLM#JoinAUnion jules the hoe🏳️🌈 Anxhela Alushi ▪️ pic.twitter.com/FjJglLyRHT
- Alex: I’ve always seen myself as a “jack of all trades and master of none”.I love glueing these jigsaw bits of tech together to solve bigger problems, standing on the shoulders of the real giants. This is what is fun #weeknotes twitter.com/embedded_iot/s…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Thursday 28 April, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night Our free regular meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.|
|Friday 29 April, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Maker Music Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 375 open, 1307 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Perform an audit of the small tools, etc in the Workshop. Can we move this on or close it?
4 issues closed:
- Gerald has not enough power to cut and the laser focus seems to be distorted
- Gerald laser cutter is not cutting properly
- Gerald display screen blinking in standby
- Get new 20mm o-rings to go behind the intermediate mirrors