Over the last year, DoES has hosted events like Barcamp, Google Developer Breakfasts, and groups like Makernight, Lean Startups, the SpecFic Writing Group and Liverpool Sewing Club. We’ve also welcomed many guests, from occasional hotdeskers to permanent residents – techies, entrepreneurs, and artists.
We’re in great shape to carry on doing all this and more… but sometimes it feels like there is Too Much Awesome to hold within our 4 walls. We’ve got a great opportunity to expand next door into what we call the “Dinky” room.
Here’s what we could do with the room:
- It has plumbing for a kitchen!
- Move the current workshop tables into a dedicated space in Dinky
- This would free up desks and clutter in the main space to have more capacity for desk workers
- We’d also be able to move the laser-cutter into Dinky, freeing up the central room to be entirely a shared meeting space.
But of course, we need money for this: it would normally cost around £650/month, but we could currently take it on for £325. It looks like at the moment we could almost afford it. As DoES has always been very careful with managing our money well, we don’t want to take on something without being sure it will work out.
- If you were thinking of taking a permanent desk, or a workshop membership at DoES, this would be the perfect time!
- If you know someone who is looking for a desk or workshop, why not point them in our direction?
- And if you’re like to support DoES, but don’t need a desk, why not think about becoming a Friend who DoES?