Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- MCQN Ltd: Levelling up on how tiny a package we can solder in DoES Liverpool. Testing this QFN class D amp for Museum in a Box. Micro-SD card for scale #weeknotes #ibal151 pic.twitter.com/Q0Tz04Q3EV
- Alex Lennon: Bella doing her Peak performance buoyancy adventure dive in #gozo #scubadiving #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/d5nNckLnuU
- MCQN Ltd: Every project that we undertake gets its own “ibal” number, and likewise its own page on the website. For a while they’ve been mostly hidden – with the odd tweet here to link to them, but now we’ve added an index page with them all on mcqn.com/catalogue #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: Lucky to bump into Richard Salter here at Moby Divers as we were celebrating Bella’s Adventure Diver cert. He literally wrote the book on #Gozo diving and signed it for us! Had a great time with the diving team. I couldn’t recommend Moby Divers more highly #scubadiving #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/X6a8gbZ1Xd
- Ross Dalziel: critter-compiling with Helen Pritchard for Jen Southern Lancaster University mobilities panel EASST2018 Conference #easst2018 injurious critter computations with petrochemicals #rpi #CriticalKits algal-heatsink-punks do ontological disobedience #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Suitably futuristic packaging for the latest addition to the DoES Liverpool library: Doteveryone‘s new sci-fi anthology “Women Invent the Future”#scifi #future #women #book #fiction #gwedgirl #feminist #feminism #newnormal #makers #makerspace #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/mx9u97QQQS
- John McKerrell: Zombies! In the DoES Liverpool events room! Fortunately I saw them off #weeknotes 🧟♀️🧟♂️ pic.twitter.com/5822mk4JKn
- Ross Dalziel: FFC-MRI bacon slicing, intimate ultrasound, non-virtuous pastorals, forgetting affect and the dirty eternity tasks this side of the crystal Lancaster University some panels EASST2018 Conference #easst2018 #CriticalKits living with all the scales and all the languages #weeknotes
- Jackie Pease: Replacing #elwire in sign by David Andrews #maintenance #weeknotes instagram.com/p/Bl0TH1pFNtt/…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 30 July, 6:00pm-9:00pm||Draw Social|
|Tuesday 31 July, 4:00pm-8:00pm||Visual Grammar Scene Directing|
|Wednesday 01 August, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 02 August, 1:00pm-5:00pm||Introduction to Radio Production for Youtube|
|Thursday 02 August, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 272 open, 589 closed
6 new issues:
- Find a power supply and input sensor or button for “YOU BELONG” sign
- Hold a book sale for DoES
- Gerald has issues with fast movement in the Y-Axis (Front to back)
- Trip to the Science Park
- Accept Bitcoin payments via Lightning Network for snacks
- Correct the ABS settings on Felicity
Featured issue: Get new 20mm o-rings to go behind the intermediate mirrors. Can we move this on or close it?
4 issues closed:
- Buy/Build a quantizer for downstairs
- The flat roof upstairs isn’t completely watertight…
- Improve storage in the solvents cupboard
- Buy/find air assist tubing for Gerald
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!