Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
If you need visors then please fill in the “Request Visors” form at https://visors.doesliverpool.com/ – you don’t need to work for the NHS.
Things of Note
- MCQN Ltd: The Museum in a Box #3dprinter has been on a bit of a relay journey up to us while the London office is closed. Adrian McEwen hired an electric assist #CargoBike from Agile for the last 16 mile leg #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/W1NlGGRrIg
- Adrian McEwen: New #weeknotes from MCQN Ltd time: Week 781 – Current Status: Measuring Current dlvr.it/Rh4M6k
- Adrian McEwen: I have successfully received and decoded my first ship AIS messages, with my new RTL-SDR dongle and a Raspberry Pi. Turns out there’s only one ship within range of my flat: RRS Sir David Attenborough (or not-#BoatyMcBoatface). Not a bad first ship to spot! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/YQ5Bb9FlBL
- Adrian McEwen: A good summary of the collaborative, slightly-messy, international, #OpenSource #CriticalMaking approach that DoES Liverpool and the rest of the UK #maker community took in the early days of the #COVID19 crisis #weeknotes twitter.com/anniric/status…
- DoES Liverpool: New laser tube for our largest laser cutter, currently being refurbished and which has now been renamed Tony in memory of @gorman662 dad #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/pfqtJRdSNR
- Adrian McEwen: Nice little video from DoES Liverpool member Russell Cottier showing off the motorized fader module that he’s developed youtube.com/watch?v=2cJNnW… #IndieMfg #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Picked up the 15minutecity.mcqn.com project again today. Worked out how to make the hospitals pink rather than grey. That doesn’t look much, but means I can next get on with building a land-use map which will let us see which needs each neighbourhood meets #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/l0TxbJGCm6
- Jackie Pease: Russ’s A3 laser engraver now converted to pen plotting – need to find out why it’s reversing the text though #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ghrQPKw8tc
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Thursday 01 October, 7:00pm-9:00pm
Online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino
|Saturday 03 October
|Ladies of Code Meetup
to be confirmed
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 345 open, 1153 closed
No new issues
Featured issue: status.doesliverpool.com is down. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed: