Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: Chuffed to have our OSHWA certification for My Baby’s Got LED. First of many I hope! More details in this week’s MCQN Ltd #weeknotes: Weeks 815-816 – Certified dlvr.it/S0MhX0 #ibal223
- Adrian McEwen: Trying out the custom-printable heatshrink to mark the handtools at DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/JA4nQsBrFL
- Lennon: LoRA toys from @heltec Julian Todd #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/INfY6nWzjM
- Adrian McEwen: New power supply assembled and tested, and a start made on the code to connect it to the Internet. The latest update on our teleprinter project youtube.com/watch?v=9pgJwz… #weeknotes #ibal229
- Martin Dunschen: Swift having a good old poke of my camera intruding into their space. Thanks to DoES Liverpool community for some pointers how to fix random #raspberrypi crashes, rebooting on system freeze worked. #weeknotes RSPB Liverpool pic.twitter.com/djvwuM5Y7C
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 01 June, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening online at https://ca.meet.coop/b/adr-ctr-trg|
|Thursday 03 June, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker night online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 356 open, 1219 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Work out what to do with “spare” visor money. Can we move this on or close it?
10 issues closed:
- Give Arthur permissions to close issues
- Alcove computer DNS issue
- Heat press thermostat faulty
- Write Instructions for Laser Cutter Tony
- High speed cutting issues
- Put together knitting machine donated by Mike from Game Over
- Found USB dongle in need of repair
- Experiment laser cutting circuits from mirrored acrylic
- Find a home/use for the XY stepper Rpi operated motor frames
- Make a soft materials section for the laser cutter information pages