Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Def-Proc: On my way to the super secret, cobra meeting of all @thingsnorth groups to represent TTN Liverpool. Don’t tell anyone! #weeknotes The Things Network twitter.com/ThingsNorth/st…
- Paul M Furley: I wrote up some notes for my first week of sabbatical paulfurley.com/2017-sabbatica… #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: New in this week’s DoES Liverpool #weeknotes – a randomly chosen “featured issue” chosen from the high priority backlog of open issues in the “Somebody Should” todo list. Hopefully it’ll see us making more progress on completing some of the long-standing tasks.
- Adrian McEwen: DoES Liverpool Also new in #weeknotes (thankfully, given how long that last tweet was) is support for including 280 character tweets 😀
- chris huffee: Bulk manufacturing Santa tron’s for Little Sandbox visit to FACT tomorrow night.
- Def-Proc: Wow, The Things Network LoRaWAN gateways in stock at farnell, in the UK at the moment! TTN Liverpool #weeknotes (plus nodes and unos)
- Def-Proc: A multi-materials #3dprinted double helical gear bearing (herringbone gear). #weeknotes… instagram.com/p/BcW83u_nxr1/
- DoES Liverpool: Testing Jackie’s homemade Amaro at makernight. Highly recommended, but not before operating the laser cutter.. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/4t1dNt5DuU
- DoES Liverpool: First mug off the new heat press by @helicalbytes #weeknotes @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BcalXamhdU8/
- Alex Lennon: This came back around today and it occurs to me that it would be awesome to have a hosted virtual environment that the cool kids could program their entities to negotiate for fun and prizes. Marbles to start? #weeknotes VR RCADE Liverpool ?facebook.com/CorridosVIPSin…
- DoES Liverpool: HEX has added some Xmas bauble cutting files to the desktop on Gerald – available for everyone to use (can be personalised) #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/pSsHyVzvIe
- DoES Liverpool: Bob’s cleaning this up at the moment, and won’t tell us what it’s part of – any ideas? #weeknotes instagram.com/p/Bce7MJjhCK_/
- GeoSpark: DoES Liverpool #weeknotes The inner workings of a 240v variac would be my guess.
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 11 December, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Thursday 14 December, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 14 December, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 16 December, 2:00pm-4:00pm||Community Meeting|
|Saturday 16 December, 4:00pm-10:00pm||DoES Christmas Party|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 196 open, 419 closed
3 new issues:
- Investigate possible issue with clips on bed
- Clean (possibly replace) the 0.4mm nozzle
- Add some scientifically-formulated-to-be-beneficial foodstuffs to the shopping list
Featured issue: Improve workshop accessibility.
6 issues closed:
- Gerald exhaust needs cleaning
- Buy cotton buds
- Check whats causing the broken security lock for https://doesliverpool.com
- Create a morse code tweeter
- How much do other spaces charge round the city?
- Workshop Doorbot (3) needs a new header socket fitting
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!