Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- Withnail & Lennon: #OctoBalena now updated to the latest OctoPrint 🐙 v1.5 release balena DoES Liverpool #weeknotesgithub.com/MatthewCrougha…
- Adrian McEwen: A mixed week in the MCQN Ltd #weeknotes, but that’s the point, reflect on the lows as well as the highs… twitter.com/MCQN_Ltd/statu…
- MCQN Ltd: On Wednesday I spent the day soldering up #RFID readers for Museum in a Box while stress-testing the My Baby’s Got LED board: running 600 LEDs at full brightness and pulling 30A through the board all day (with no issues, I’m happy to report) #ibal223 #ibal151 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/hzvHuiSmwG
- Adrian McEwen: Part of the output from my #MyFirstPCB course that I’m running today, I’ve designed a terrible Rudolph the Red Nose PCB decoration #weeknotes #ibal210 pic.twitter.com/P7h1heOwUu
- Matthew Croughan: This eight year old kid is genuinely rocking NixOS and OpenSCad. The things you see at astralship.org #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/sMuySXqn4o
- Withnail & Lennon: Doing a job for a friend. Hard to get sketches wrapped onto surfaces isn’t it? #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/CxrMyULlfn
- Withnail & Lennon: So we put Adrian McEwen’s awesome LED controller into Williamson’s Butchers in Waterloo! Scarily easy to install. Next I need cool ideas on how to enable passers by to control this. Maybe cheer lights ? #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/2XXytFO47i
- Will Robinson: After a weekend of swearing, many visits to Screwfix and a hand full of cuts, I’ve finally managed to build this beast. Just need to add some LEDs to the marquee now #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/JcmCLGzgot
- Matthew Croughan: I’m all set up at astralship.org with a heated vest and ready to do remote work. Currently transitioning from #ArchLinux (right) to #NixOS (left) #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/MAiiCdan6Z
- John McKerrell: Have to say Adrian McEwen has done a great job with his LED controller board. Super simple plug and play. Hooked it into MQTT easily and now I have some #cheerlights cheerlights.com/cheerlights-no… #weeknotes #green pic.twitter.com/kvvkeBR3qS
- Withnail & Lennon: Playing with prototype vases for a friend #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/FqyLpruwAS
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 08 December, 7:00pm-9:00pm
|Wearable Tech Group online at https://jitsi.doesliverpool.com/bubblino
|Thursday 10 December, 7:00pm-9:00pm
|Maker Night online at https://jitsi.doesliverpool.com/bubblino
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 356 open, 1171 closed
2 new issues:
- Getald etching problems. Geralds etching looks like it is drunk. Ive cleaned the lens and tried one direction etching but its not fixed it. Apparently its been like this for a few days. Darran
Featured issue: Find a way to get github to send email notifications to the laser team. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: