Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Laura James: [Laura is from Cambridge Makespace, and one of the organisers of Festival of Maintenance, co-hosted by DoES Liverpool this September] Late again! On maintenance, open government, land and climate bit.ly/2WuWQ8x
- Zarino Zappia: I was blown away yesterday by the creativity of our @doesliverpool Fabulous Fascinators workshop attendees. Hopefully we’ve shown some of the possibilities for combining simple electronics with wearable items. Try & Lilly watch out! 😉 #weeknotes #FDartsfest twitter.com/DoESLiverpool/…
- Adrian McEwen: Lovely. Another order for my illuminated #LFC cufflinks mcqn.com/lfc I need to get the Ackers Bell here hooked up to the sales notifications so it’ll alert me whenever I sell a pair! #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Would you like to play a game? Liam Comerford has picked up Julian Todd‘s galvo laser-projector and gotten Asteroids running on it #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Yrefgx48eh
- Adrian McEwen: Borrowed Julian Todd‘s Double2 Robot on the Loose for our regular Museum in a Box catch up call. Worked really nicely for Charles Killick and I to whiteboard some design ideas #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/PyG4rbg9Vy
- Alex Lennon: Look what I got
- #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/vH2KeUEcLf
- Adrian McEwen: Using an example of people leaving DoES Liverpool every 10 seconds to get lunch, walking to Lidl, and sometimes getting bunched up at the pedestrian crossing in order to explain latency and buffering #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Lovely to have Keith Hanshaw drop in to see us at DoES Liverpool on the Double2 Robot on the Loose #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/AYYOvbQ29B
- MCQN Ltd: The first cufflink connection method didn’t work too well in testing (actually wearing them 🙂 so I’ve bought all the connectors to do some more tests #ibal211 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/YBPEmZ2qFU
- Liverpool MakeFest: Watching Dan Lynch interviewing HEX DoES Liverpool for #RadioMakefest #makers 🙂 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/k5CeFpkkAQ
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 18 June, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Sewing Club|
|Wednesday 19 June, 6:30pm-9:00pm||XR Liverpool|
|Thursday 20 June, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night|
|Thursday 20 June, 7:00pm-8:00pm||Community Meeting|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 310 open, 845 closed
4 new issues:
- Mirror in accessible toilet needs to be refitted
- Toilet door handle broken
- DoES Liverpool Museum In A Box
- Large Bandsaw intermittent starting issue
Featured issue: Sort out Reward Shirts. Can we move this on or close it?
6 issues closed:
- Toilet door handle broken
- Buy more kapton tape
- Event room doorbot didn’t work
- Felicity not working
- No audio on the handset on the phone in the Events Space
- Russell’s head has broken the ear protectors
Thanks johnmckerrell, amcewen, jackie1050!