Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Team Dark Water: We’ve just launched our entry to the hackaday 2018 prize – why not pop over and give us a look / like 🙂
- shrkey 🌊: Team Team Dark Water have just launched our entry to the hackaday 2018 prize – why not pop over and give us a look / like 🙂
- DoES Liverpool: edenbespokeweddingaccessories sublimation printing for jewellery #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BgPOjdPn0s6/
- MCQN Ltd: Discussions and sketching for @gnlteam with iotwatch and Lawrence Archaeology #weeknotes @ The… instagram.com/p/BgUMhX2nW_-/
- MCQN Ltd: Forceps, pliers and elastic bands. More useful than helping hands in many situations #weeknotes… instagram.com/p/BgV21JJHSpR/
- Alex Lennon: A demo of my new #Eliza node for Node-RED which allows me to inject #MQtt messages and receive her responses. We have a Xamarin app on the phone. Now to wire Eliza up to the more fun I/O eh Julian Todd Andy Stanford-Clark James Sutton DoES Liverpool #weeknotesyoutube.com/watch?v=3i8QOJ…
- Adrian McEwen: Long week, but awesome to see our first big order coming together. Top work George Oates Charles Killick Phil Gyford #weeknotes twitter.com/_museuminabox/…
- Alex Lennon: Today I shall mostly be setting up a VR experience DoES Liverpool for Jackie Pease who is attending #YoungMakefest in Liverpool Libraries next Friday. If you have suggestions for VR games/applications to demo let me know! #weeknotes
- DoES Liverpool: Julian Todd and Mike talking about future CNC plans #notcabling #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/0RYBxe3xhw
- DoES Liverpool: martimorta 🎗️ preparing door frames for painting tapestrylpl #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BgbE6MNHxMy/
- DoES Liverpool: thingomy with t’interwebs cable which arrived today. There’s still a lot of work to do before activation #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/LEZ0M5USqA
- John McKerrell: It’s just a perfect representation of DoES Liverpool ‘s community that the crowd-funder rewards will include courses on ESP32 Micropython, website design, and Argentine Tango #weeknotes #diverse
- Caroline Keep: Up at DoES Liverpool sanding for an hour. It’s an epic space 🙂 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/fCLEgyN4vY
- Caroline Keep: Such a cool location 🙂 #weeknotes DoES Liverpool twitter.com/TapestryLpl/st…
- DoES Liverpool: Some photos from today’s painting, cabling and cake eating session tapestrylpl #weeknotes instagram.com/p/Bgecj7THb5b/
- DoES Liverpool: Pin found by Mike G The Tapestry (pound country for scale) – he’d like to know whether the building was ever used for millinery #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/PIOfJLSBRI
- Francis Irving: New DoES Liverpool being sanded, painted, walled, CAT6d… Going to be an amazing space when finished next week #WeekNotes pic.twitter.com/guTjFBIHNI
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Wednesday 21 March, 6:30pm-8:00pm||Friends of the Earth|
|Thursday 22 March, 7:00pm-8:00pm||Community Meeting|
|Thursday 22 March, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The Big Move
With our move to the Tapestry looming, we’re including a brief update on how things are going each week.
As you can see above, the fit-out works are in full flow. This week is likely to be all about the painting, so if you can wield a paintbrush and have some spare time then let us know. There’ll be people working there tomorrow (Tuesday) and Thursday and over the weekend.
We’ll also be launching our Crowdfunder campaign this week to help pay for all the work that needs doing and to make the new DoES Liverpool even more epic! Keep an eye out on social media and the Google Group to hear when it goes live, then dig deep and spread the message far and wide!
There are lots of things to do, both with the move and in preparation for the move. If you want to help out, check the DoES Move The Tapestry label on the Somebody Should issue list, or get in touch.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 219 open, 481 closed
17 new issues:
- List of building snags
- Investigate whether doorbots can be run from PoE
- Paint fire doors
- Review of flooring
- General cleaning
- Lighting review
- How is rubbish to be removed
- Replace one window pane with panel to allow extraction for laser cutters
- DoES Bread Machine
- Work out layout of the kitchen
- Work out flooring in the new space
- Setup snag board in The Tapestry
- Put in a rack for hosting Internet connected systems / IoT systems
- Confirm what’s going in the small, open workshop “room” to the left as you enter the Tapestry space
- Install a great AV setup for the events room
- We should have some waterproof flooring in the kitchen area
Featured issue: Improve workshop accessibility. Can we move this on or close it?
3 issues closed:
- Setup snag board in The Tapestry
- Notes on partitions that can be boarded up
- Salvage furniture from empty offices
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!