Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: Workshop door at @doesliverpool now fixed, and with added entrance music #weeknotes @ DoES… instagram.com/p/BQuqMLego0-/
- MCQN Ltd: Yay! Successfully migrated our The Things Network app github.com/mcqn/CityDash from staging to the new live servers #lorawan #weeknotes TTN Liverpool
- dynamicdevices: First steps with #micropython on the Wemos D1 #esp8266. Now to find a morse code python library #weeknotes
- dynamicdevices: Amazing what you can do with an #ESP8266 and a couple of lines of #MicroPython Adrian McEwen Julian Todd #weeknotes youtube.com/watch?v=HnoPsY…
- HEX: Another test piece. I loved making this.
Made at DoES Liverpool and Baltic Clay #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/IpqVRLX3YT
- Liverpool SewingClub: I love sewing with an overlocker but hate threading them – soooo fiddly! ?#weeknotes pic.twitter.com/FFi965KVSI
- dynamicdevices: DoES Liverpool QR Code label printer now installed and running on Sophia. #weeknotes #doesepic pic.twitter.com/lKnjLvQJME
- Def-Proc: New post about TTN Liverpool TTN Liverpool from biglesp: def-proc.co.uk/b/ttnlv/ #weeknotes
- Glow New Media: What’s the hashtag again? 😉 #Glow10 DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/sHgsorKrn6
- dazzling: Weddings time of the year and a makers thoughts turn to invitations. SeftonPark PalmHouse made DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/67QkUXuSzY
- dynamicdevices: The time2 LED lights are up and running. Just need to reverse engineer the protocol so we can start on some… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Adrian McEwen: Correction, looks like Libertine and I will be on TV on Monday evening talking about Liverpool MakeFest (filmed at… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- MCQN Ltd: Making museuminabox_ “skulls” on the @doesliverpool lasercutter today #weeknotes #ibal151 @ DoES… instagram.com/p/BQ5Y5qNhMEi/
- dynamicdevices: Loving that whilst the kids were playing in the Minecraft VR Bella created a sound stage #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/BJj0PqeyXm
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 27 February, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Wednesday 01 March, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 02 March, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 172 open, 285 closed
7 new issues:
- Sophia is down on power
- make hotdesk power access easier to use
- Clear empty cardboard boxes around the Main Room
- Fix the damp patch in the corner of the main space
- Create a morse code tweeter
- Handheld Label Maker Needs Tape
- Add reset buttons to Doorbots 1 and 2
4 issues closed:
Design some labels to display on things Doorbot2 is slow to recognise RFID tags Update packages on doorbots Move doorbots 1 and 2 to static IP addresses
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!