Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Liverpool Makefest – 2nd July
It’s been a while since the last Liverpool Makefest (the last time it happened was in 2019). Just over a month now until the next one on 2nd July 2022 – it’s going to be great to be back at Liverpool Central Library and to meet up with all the other stallholders and visitors, old and new.
Follow @lpoolmakefest to keep up to date, and if you’re a member of the DoES Liverpool community then please get in touch with anything you want to display, or to volunteer on the day. We’re going to have 7 tables, so plenty of space to show off your stuff. DoES-related businesses MCQN, Dynamic Devices and Steam Engineers will also be in the same part of the library.
Look out for announcements about our after party and maker brunch too!
Applications for our July start Boost membership have now closed – we’ll be announcing the winners on Wednesday, so keep a look out for that!
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: Got the first chance to try out my SensePeek hands-free probes today. Super nice to use.#weeknotes
(photo staged with an MCQN Ltd board as I can’t share photos of the client PCB I was actually using them with 😃) pic.twitter.com/bbHoJlymCH
- Alex: Lovely 70 minute check dive with Ritual Dive here in Xlendi Bay, Gozo #scubadiving #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/pUKjHInAwa
- Adrian McEwen: In this week’s MCQN Ltd #weeknotes chris huffee shares some of the #CAM tools he’s been using to turn pictures into machined shapes: Weeks 870 – Generating toolpaths for milling circuit boards dlvr.it/SRrLjP
- Alex: Happy Alex Ritual Dive #scubadiving #gozo #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/IJnoONqPYJ
- DoES Liverpool: A good start to our monthly Maker Day – Julie rearranging the Bookcase of Things, caroline corby using our #AYAB controlled knitting machine, Adrian McEwen working on RFID readers
- DoES Liverpool: Maker Day is on the 2nd Saturday of every month from 10am – 5pm, free and open to all. Come down and take a look round.
- Alex: Early start with Ritual Dive this morning. Off to dive the Um El Faroud this morning. The things we do to get #scubadiving! #weeknotesmaltadives.com/sites/umelfaro…
- Alex: Always up for a little tank play Ritual Dive #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/uRQqQ8f3lY
- Jackie Pease: Followed chris huffee excellent advice and used #jscut to CNC a wood block for the @doesliverpool letterpress machine.
The prints aren’t that good yet – possibly because I haven’t remembered all Karen Edwards excellent advice from a few weeks ago.
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Thursday 16 June, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night Our free regular evening meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.|
|Sunday 19 June, 11:00am-3:00pm||Repair Café You can get your free ticket here|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 361 open, 1346 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Reduce the draughts in the space. Can we move this on or close it?
13 issues closed:
- Buy some new bike levers
- Buy new sublimation mugs
- Need to backup InfluxDB server database
- Trial Sonoff wall switches & PIR sensors
- Reassemble the UoL telepresence robot and get it working
- Amend Weeknote Generator program so that it can be run at e.g.21:00 on Sundays
- Replace toner (and belt unit?) in the OKI colour printer
- Replace the toilet seats
- General improvements to Gerald
- Shallow (20cm?) storage solution for brick wall in kitchen?
- Get work surface and door for dishwasher
- Easy pop-up physio section in the workspace
- Fix the Weller TCP3-FE wand
Thanks amcewen, MatthewCroughan, DoESsean, JackiePease!