Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- DoES Liverpool: Mick Coyle Rachel Fitzsimmons An update from yesterday’s #RepairCafe: thanks to some hard work from Sue Archer and RepairBear plus a touch of #3DPrinting the umbrella is back up and running! We left the repair uncovered as a nod to Festival of Maintenance speaker tomofholland‘s #VisibleMending. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/nOO89NC1CW
- Alex Lennon: Andy Stanford-Clark DoES Liverpool #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: We have 80 $25 loans to be made this month. Please RT, follow us, and suggest a group or individual to make a loan to below… #weeknoteskiva.org/i/U1qZXmHC493 via Kiva
- Mersey SEO: From original artwork by BeesCrafts (MrsMerseySEO), expertly rendered by Dune Design & prototypes produced by muggins the unpaid help : coming soon to a Folksy shop near you! Produced using the dye sublimation kit at the Mersey SEO nest – DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Nm591XZVOP
- Adrian McEwen: Have now submitted the DoES Liverpool, MCQN Ltd and my personal websites (as none are on .uk domains) for consideration for the UK Web Archive. Pretty simple task, it turns out webarchive.org.uk/en/ukwa/info/n… #weeknotes twitter.com/amcewen/status…
- Alex Lennon: So I got blink and trail going on my #IceCore! Now to work out how to get a #riscv core in there! Al #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/QUOVb6Rsnr
- Ross Dalziel: oooh CriticalKits Jackie Pease Plastic Tactics this looks like an interesting #kit for the #CriticalKit #Library & also powered by #scousers #weeknotes twitter.com/littlepinkmake…
- DoES Liverpool: @doesliverpool and many artists and studios across Liverpool are opening their doors this Saturday 12th October for LOST19.
It’s also Maker Day – an ideal time to visit our maker space, see some of the great stuff people have been making, and maybe even join in! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/npeRDZMJwW
- Jackie Pease: It’s Wearable Tech night DoES Liverpool this Tuesday 8th October from 7 – 9pm.
Everyone welcome, including beginners #weeknotes github.com/DoESLiverpool/…
Photo shows side-emitting optical fibre encased in heatpressed bubble wrap pic.twitter.com/jW3217GdQT
- Alex Lennon: So this might not look like a lot but what we have here is the #BlackIceMx running a minimal #RiscV core which is then loading a compiled application which blinks the LED and echoes over the serial port.I have no words for how cool it is we can do this with #opensource #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/O7N8bFWdlM
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 08 October, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group|
|Tuesday 08 October, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Green Party|
|Wednesday 09 October, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Ladies of Code | Afterwork Series|
|Thursday 10 October, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 10 October, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 12 October, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day|
|Saturday 12 October, 10:00am-5:00pm||Liverpool Open Studios|
|Sunday 13 October, 1:00pm-4:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 265 open, 1009 closed
9 new issues:
- Prepare for Liverpool Open Studios – 12 October 2019
- Order some new inks for the sublimation printer
- Order some more filament for the Ultimakers
- Additional admin support tasks?
- Consider smaller Dymo label printer to print labels for food in the fridge
- Install and run xlights on a hackspace computer to control the xmas lights
- Use docker-compose for deploying robochallenge
- Make the DoorBot RFID boards more secure
- Calculate the heat loss caused by laser ventilation using sensors
Featured issue: Prepare toilets. Can we move this on or close it?
10 issues closed:
- Switch to plastic-free tea bags or leaf tea
- Pay ICO fee
- Orange Pi’s and Octoprint are not so successful
- Setup for Repair Cafe
- A3 HP OfficeJet 7510 inket printer won’t print
- Gerald and Sophia cutting/alignment issues
- Set DNS for robochallenge.doesliverpool.com to point to the same host as robotwars.doesliverpool.com
- Display power used in KWh since midnight
- What could a Food and Technology day entail?
- We need a way of managing cover for opening and closing
Thanks ajlennon, johnmckerrell, MatthewCroughan, DoESsean!