Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon: My new #watchx has arrived. Woohoo! #wearables #weeknotes Jackie Pease pic.twitter.com/ZeLmLcspN9
- shrkey 🌊: Take two Thingiverse models, splice them together and you get a 3D printed outboard motor flush connector 🙂 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/6yClNjNd2T
- John McKerrell: The first rule of Fruit Club is: you bring in some fruit, prepare it and share it out with whoever wants it. That’s about it really DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/BCnEj46fWe
- Alex Lennon: Notice how the cucumber slices float and the lime slices sink… DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/TEg7VwssHD
- Ross Dalziel: Every good #makerspace surely must be growing their own bio-materials by now… luckily Littlepinkmaker is running a workshop DoES Liverpool & Liverpool MakeFest to show you how! get yr tickets Eventbrite I’ve got mine bit.ly/2IsLEm5 #weeknotes
- Ross Dalziel: Props to DoES Liverpool stepping up lending ULTIMAKER GB printer for NeuroMuscular Centre #NMCreativity day and getting the community #3Dprint crazy.. Neil Winterburn turns out most of our #ThoughtsOnTheDesktop were about hacking reality! also first wheelchair based #coldpull #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/5NS8UVvQJj
- DoES Liverpool: Nobody said our PPE provision couldn’t be fun… #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/IDqDotf3Af
- Adrian McEwen: A real-world datapoint for our Internet speed here at DoES Liverpool: just uploaded a 2.5GB file in 3 minutes (and 3.288 seconds) #weeknotes /cc Baltic Broadband
- Alex Lennon: Here DoES Liverpool when Zarino Zappia gives us lemons we make lemonade!! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/XeYYF5jd4O
- Zarino Zappia: Table covers measured and cut for DoES Liverpool stand at Liverpool MakeFest tomorrow. Fabric bought from the lovely ladies just down the road, at onepricefabric.co.uk. The Tapestry Fabric District #shoplocal #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/WUVcu0bkB8
- Ross Dalziel: …and #achievementunlocked first bio-plastic made in the new DoES Liverpool with Littlepinkmaker all set for Liverpool MakeFest tomorrow! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/T4Rp0B30D9
- DoES Liverpool: A busy evening here, as well as the bioplastics workshop, Liverpool Horror Club are holding a claymation masterclass (and we’re setting up for Liverpool MakeFest) #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/E9vqVaSich
- Alex Lennon: Made some progress on my Raspberry Pi test rig for systems testing of #iot and #embedded devices. IoT Liverpool Meetup #weeknotesyoutu.be/XbCt67_SZVA
- Ross Dalziel: Littlepinkmaker DoES Liverpool Liverpool MakeFest Great workshop hope we can host more in the future! And Nice to see the open sourcing of bio-materials with materiom.org #weeknotes wearables got an upgrade tonight thanks!
- MCQN Ltd: Auspicious surroundings for one of our #LivMF installations. Come and have a play!#ibal161 #led #art #teensy #Arduino #RaspberryPi #installationart #weeknotes @ Central Library instagram.com/p/BkpLNwRn1uq/…
- Alex Lennon: Showing how to power cycle and update firmware on #IoT devices for automated testing #weeknotes IoT Liverpool Meetupyoutu.be/BI4OSIDaBjo
- Adrian McEwen: Now at Liverpool MakeFest #LivMF18 #cozyconference Jackie Pease is celebrating #Maintenance and #repair (and talking about Festival of Maintenance) #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Hkt1g3G53p
- Ross Dalziel: Here’s Jackie Pease Making #Maintenance visible and celebrating it Ignite Liverpool join us! Festival of Maintenance in London Sat Sept 23rd live streamed #weeknotes DoES Liverpool Liverpool MakeFest
- Ross Dalziel: Oops that’s Saturday 22nd September you #Maintenance fans thanks Ignite Liverpool and Liverpool MakeFest for hosting a great debate on materials manufacturing & sustainability with Brainboxes Limited Adrian McEwen Jackie Pease #weeknotes twitter.com/cheapjack/stat…
- Alex Lennon: This is the #WatchX. #Arduino and #Scratch compatible. Let’s see what we can do… #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/4O4WDu6HlD
- DoES Liverpool: Bacon and waffle cooking at the post #livemf18 Maker Brunch (lots of networking going on too) #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BksCyNAnxrt/…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 03 July, 5:00pm-8:00pm||Visual Grammar Scene Directing|
|Wednesday 04 July, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 05 July, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The Big Move
Did you hear, we’ve moved to The Tapestry, just off London Road. We’re open for business, but while we’re settling in we’re including a brief update on how things are going each week.
Not a lot to report this week, as everyone was busy getting ready for Liverpool MakeFest. However, as we were so busy with events we cleared out Room 29 and got some desks set up in time for the bioplastics workshop. It’s not the finished set up, but does bring that room into more use.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 273 open, 567 closed
4 new issues:
- Prep Rm 29 for littlepinkmaker biomaterials workshop
- Intercom phone in the main office sometimes fails
- Update the photos on our yelp entry
- Decide where the library should go
Featured issue: Add the off peak workshop membership option to the website. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed:
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!