Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon: New toys DoES Liverpool we’re going to try out some iPhone case sublimation printing with our new sublimation oven, courtesy of advice from the lovely people Little Sandbox and Nerdy Gifts #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/tckJo4ES9l
- Adrian McEwen: Some momentous and good (and non-political) news for today – I’ve successfully made a TCP connection and sent and received a handful of bytes over it over an #LTE #CatM1 network! #iot #weeknotes #ibal195 /cc Good Night Lamp
- Ross Dalziel: yay! Jackie Pease our first wiki commit #DIYbio #Wearables #weeknotes github.com/DoESLiverpool/…
- Jackie Pease: Testing out printing images on the Dymo printer at DoES Liverpool with Matt G #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/f7HFUpQUhi
- Jackie Pease: Here’s some photos from tonight’s Wearable Tech meetup – making Kambucha with Ross Dalziel Hopefully in a couple of weeks we’ll have a biomaterial we can laser cut🤞#DIYbio #Wearables #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/SgikJdeI5F
- Ross Dalziel: Littlepinkmaker Alex Lennon Jackie Pease We didn’t sterilise our containers I’m afraid so Littlepinkmaker lab care had been all for naught! Isn’t there enough nice stuff to eat in DoES Liverpool ? Coffee, sourdough, naturally flavored water, haribos, crisps #Rulezeropointfive Do not be un-sterilised #weeknotes
- Julian Todd: Knocking off some drawstring bags to test out the DoES Liverpool sewing machine github.com/DoESLiverpool/… #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/J3GBm9QsOW
- DoES Liverpool: Here’s our new heat press for phone covers, thanks to Alex Lennon – stewhitfield91 has been experimenting, it’s looking good so far … #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BlNbMYkH6Kc/…
- DoES Liverpool: Siobhan trying out the new dye sublimation phone cases #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BlNz7-ln3p0/…
- DoES Liverpool: It’s Party Time!
On Saturday 21st July we’ll be holding our Birthday Party and Official Launch Event here at DoES Liverpool. Food and drink provided. Opening speeches at 6pm, but feel free to come along any time in the afternoon and check us out. Everyone welcome #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/cNb64DS8sj
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 17 July, 4:00pm-8:00pm
|Visual Grammar Scene Directing
|Wednesday 18 July, 6:30pm-8:00pm
|Friends of the Earth
|Thursday 19 July, 1:00pm-5:00pm
|Introduction to Radio Production for Youtube
|Thursday 19 July, 1:00pm-2:00pm
|Community Meeting (Hangout for people joining online – experimental!)
|Thursday 19 July, 6:30pm-9:00pm
|Saturday 21 July, 3:00pm-10:00pm
|Birthday and Official Launch Party
The Big Move
Did you hear, we’ve moved to The Tapestry, just off London Road. We’re open for business, but while we’re settling in we’re including a brief update on how things are going each week.
We now have air-conditioning (and heating, but that’s less important at the moment 🙂 in Room 29 and the events space! We’ve also set up the desks in Room 29 and people have started moving in to work from there. We’re still working on the sound-proofing and flooring, but as that’s taking a bit longer than expected, we figured we should move in and start using it properly anyway!
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 265 open, 584 closed
3 new issues:
- Blinds for Dinky.
- Lift door not closing properly on First Floor
- The flat roof upstairs isn’t completely watertight…
Featured issue: return or replace the kitchen passes. Can we move this on or close it?
Featured issue: Put some shelves up above the 3D printer bench. Can we move this on or close it?
11 issues closed:
- Future Improvements to Lasers – Cooling System
- Fit a door-closer to the laser cutting room
- Devices not connecting to WiFi
- Make/buy some durable black tablecloths for use at events
- Investigate tension problems on sewing machine.
- Set up the microscope
- Create “info cards” for items on display
- Fix electronics bench and woodworking benches to walls, to prevent tipping
- Find missing letters for DoES tower or print new ones
- Gerald needs a 15mm belt fitting
- Demo prosthetic hand needs a few replacement parts
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!