Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Ross Dalziel: Hey Liz Corbin looking fwd to more experiments with @materiom_ recipes, got one growing at DoES Liverpool now. Other biologicals that need to grow using digital fabrication, fast wifi, good coffee, clean & friendly desks, wearable tech, workshop & event space welcome! #weeknotes twitter.com/jackie_pease/s…
- DoES Liverpool: Here’s Zarino Zappia account about the making of the #defencedress – designed by 10 year old Olivia and put together by a group of makers from @doesliverpool for @littleinventors exhibition at #getnorth2018: littleinventors.org/ideas/the-defe… (scroll down for our posts) #weeknotes
- Jackie Pease: Feeding the Kambucha at @doesliverpool #makernight – another week to wait! #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BlbOoXeHsQA/…
- Julian Todd: Today I made some technical polka dots DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/P2hpeEDgx2
- DoES Liverpool: Wide selection of drinks at the DoES Liverpool Birthday party! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/O2Pe9LJMeq
- DoES Liverpool: Now that’s how Americans make waffles. #doepicwaffles #weeknotes @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BlgENKGnhGK/…
- Adrian McEwen: “We Don’t Need Another Hero” – my slides and notes from my MakerNoise talk, now published over on the DoES Liverpool blog doesliverpool.com/slides/makerno… #weeknotes #makers #makerspace #culture #community
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 23 July, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Tuesday 24 July, 4:00pm-8:00pm||Visual Grammar Scene Directing|
|Thursday 26 July, 1:00pm-5:00pm||Introduction to Radio Production for Youtube|
|Thursday 26 July, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The Big Move
Did you hear, we’ve moved to The Tapestry, just off London Road. We’re open for business, but while we’re settling in we’re including a brief update on how things are going each week.
Now that Room 29 has desks in it for more co-working, the meeting room was almost cleared out. So, in time for the party last Saturday, we got the rest of it cleared out and set up so it’s now available for meetings. So now all of the rooms are operational! We have a few last bits and pieces to tidy up, but all of the rooms are now in use!
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 270 open, 585 closed
6 new issues:
- Complete the dust extraction system for the CNC mill/router
- Fix the leak in the left hand side sink
- Buy/Build a quantizer for downstairs
- Get a couple more USB mice
- Put a checklist by the front door
- Our public IP address is listed in a Spamhaus blacklist
Featured issue: Look into the lock/handle sticking on the disabled toilet on the ground floor. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed:
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!