Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- Withnail & Lennon: Just managed to work out how to create an Alexa skill to play the buzzing of the bees in the hive… Andrea Andy Stanford-Clark #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/76PueW9bvU
- Adrian McEwen: A CAD/CAM pick and mix – the latest MCQN Ltd #weeknotes dlvr.it/RpW4TT
- Matthew Croughan: We made a wifi enabled, #WLED powered gingerbread chapel, modeled after astralship.org. #weeknotes #iot #esp32 #esp8266 pic.twitter.com/4bENAkzY7n
- Withnail & Lennon: A question – who can work out how many bits of information are different between me and Max Zadow ‘s genetic encoding and how do we test and look at this information? #weeknotes
- Withnail & Lennon: I finally got my new Alexa bee skill working with the The Tapestry #iotbeehive DoES Liverpool Andrea Andy Stanford-Clark Gary Millar #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/PyJiqbOCs7
- Jackie Pease: Happy New Year everyone #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/pkpzaXvJfx
- Adrian McEwen: Over the break, Paul Harvey has finished off the illuminated Aeternum logo for our office (I work there 2 days/week) in The Tapestry. It looks amazing! 😍😍😍 Logo laser-cut at DoES Liverpool and driven with one of my mcqn.com/ibal223/ LED controller boards #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/nIuvPziKsM
- Adrian McEwen: Here’s a tiny video of it animating. The next step will be to connect it to our data platform and have it provide an ambient display of our air quality sensors #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Vu2w3y5Er4
- John McKerrell: Actually found it quite fun doing LED art #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/tAZguUMiz2
- John McKerrell: More LED art #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/8Ulee2AGng
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 05 January, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening
We have a regular evening where we look at improving some of the software that DoES runs on. You can join us online at https://ca.meet.coop/b/adr-ctr-trg Take a look here to see what we’ve got in mind:
|Wednesday 06 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group
From the LivLUG website: We’ll gather online as usual and while we don’t have anything planned please feel free to ask any questions about Linux and Open Source software you like. It’s a relaxed and informal gathering and no level of technical expertise or experience is required or expected. All are welcome. To join us simple use the link below. Please note the server change from last time. The address you need is – https://meet.jit.si/livlug
|Thursday 07 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Maker Night at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino – General chat, show us your makes, tell us what you’re planning|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 359 open, 1178 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: Collect a list of people who sell things made at DoES. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: