Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Ross Dalziel: Jackie Pease Alex Lennon Francis Irving DoES Liverpool diybio It could be nice starting point before we open a bag of #CRISPR 😉 diybio.org/2009/03/20/ext…
We hope to be growing mycelium in DoES Liverpool waste coffee grounds soon tho’ #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: Lovely little 2FA app running on a TTGO. Based on #LadyAda’s work adafruit industries #weeknotes #weeknotes Andy Stanford-Clark Julian Todd abx-labs pic.twitter.com/GvZLbziAlk
- Adrian McEwen: One of the long-term projects I’ve been working on is Museum in a Box, which is making museum collections more widely available with #3dprinting and tech (#nfc & Raspberry Pi). We want to take it to the next level but need your help to do that! crowdfunder.co.uk/myomb/ #weeknotes
- Ross Dalziel: Summer #biomaterials #art #assemblage #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BmRKDZjnQMQ/…
- DoES Liverpool: Laser projector progress #weeknotes #laser #Arduino #galvos #lightshow @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BmRXWR3FPKH/…
- Jackie Pease: Handheld infinity mirror prototype
(based on this one: hackster.io/Lucas_Ainswort…) #weeknotes @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BmWLEKkH1l-/…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 13 August, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group|
|Tuesday 14 August, 4:00pm-8:00pm||Visual Grammar Scene Directing|
|Wednesday 15 August, 6:30pm-8:00pm||Friends of the Earth|
|Thursday 16 August, 1:00pm-5:00pm||Introduction to Radio Production for Youtube|
|Thursday 16 August, 1:00pm-2:00pm||Community Meeting (Google Hangout link for joining remotely – experimental)|
|Thursday 16 August, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 270 open, 609 closed
6 new issues:
- Finish and box the laser galvo setup
- Felicity not working
- Consider pulleys for bike storage
- Vinyl cut the building number for over the door
- Uninstall Lasercut 6 from Gerald’s PC
- Gerald’s bed needs levelling
Featured issue: The website could look much nicer. Can we move this on or close it?
7 issues closed:
- Felicity not working
- Print replacement top head part for Prints Adam
- One set of blinds in events room are broken
- Find out why the bandsaw isn’t working
- Create a general-purpose hackable DoESLiverpool MQTT server
- Install new doorbot PCBs on doorbots 1 and 3
- Add the ‘What is DoES?’ link to top nav of site
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!