Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: Realised that things have been too busy at MCQN Ltd that I’ve not written anything about it on the blog. Behold, the “Summer Summary”, or “what I’ve been up to lately” dlvr.it/Qfk7fj#iot #work #freelancing #makerspace #weeknotes
- DoES Liverpool: Monday evening was all #biomaterials – here’s lucienmartrand feeding the kombucha, and Ross Dalziel adding mycelium and coffee grounds to a laser cut mould #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BmcAciSnz_e/…
- Alex Lennon: So cool. We’ve got a Minecraft realm for the kids to build in on the iPads and it now works with Win10. Need to see tomorrow if this means we can use the realm in VR DoES Liverpool #weeknotes Ross Dalziel pic.twitter.com/e5vVsesqm8
- Thomas Butler: I’ve been missing a trick… Free panelization by @JLCPCB means I can get 20 of my led boards for $2 + no unsightly reference numbers on them… Now to dump a bunch of these and components in DoES Liverpool and get people to play with them/learn SMD #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/7ynoYsGfxp
- Julian Todd: Water cooler updates using scriptlet technology github.com/goatchurchprim… of asynchronous code execution over #mqtt #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/7hhuUmYdp5
- DoES Liverpool: Further progress on the laser projector, now has better mounting for the laser and on/off control from the Arduino#weeknotes #lightshows #laser #projector #Arduino @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/Bmjd_QPA1Lw/…
- DoES Liverpool: Blossom bunny laser cut by hex_ceramic, making an early start on Xmas decorations this year #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BmoPT2LH7S9/…
- Jackie Pease: “Learn how to make a simple, wearable movement tracker using a Microbit” at DoES Liverpool #weeknotes twitter.com/DoESLiverpool/…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 21 August, 4:00pm-8:00pm||Visual Grammar Scene Directing|
|Thursday 23 August, 1:00pm-2:00pm||DoES Tastes 4 – Brownies|
|Thursday 23 August, 1:00pm-5:00pm||Introduction to Radio Production for Youtube|
|Thursday 23 August, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 274 open, 612 closed
7 new issues:
- Have a spare 1U machine for the server room, compiling, network storage, freenas, etc.
- Get Fab Manager running again to try out
- Update 2D printers page on the wiki
- Lock on our more accessible toilet door is quite hard to use
- Engage with World Transformed festival 22-25 September
- Wire up Martin’s Persistence of vision tech on a bike wheel
- Fix the accessible toilet’s occupancy indicator
Featured issue: We should have some waterproof flooring in the kitchen area. Can we move this on or close it?
3 issues closed:
- Uninstall Lasercut 6 from Gerald’s PC
- Networking and serial communication on Gerald and Sophia’s workstations dysfunctional. Unable to cut.
- Sort out Reward Bricks
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!