Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- DoES Liverpool: lucienmartrand using our sublimation printer and heat press at wearables night #weeknotes @ DoES… instagram.com/p/BfHJbK9BJc3/
- John McKerrell: A delightful spread for the DoES Liverpool community meeting #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/oRqqMPyd9u
- MCQN Ltd: Getting to play with the #Arduino #MKR1000 for this latest project #weeknotes #ibal196 Alex Lennon will love it, it’s got a #QR code on it pic.twitter.com/zqTnx36qwG
- DoES Liverpool: Dean with Ice Age sublimated mug and fabric #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BfOv9NHhow0/
- DoES Liverpool: Sublimation print on fabric by B’VARI #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BfOz4hXhrk_/
- DoES Liverpool: Some nice laser-etching onto Peter Winter’s turned Ash trophy #weeknotes @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BfOz9JPh_SP/
- Adrian McEwen: Liverpool Echo I see they’re thinking of retrofitting the big Radio City Tower with one of the features from the DoES Tower #cheerlights cyan 🙂 #weeknotes
- MCQN Ltd: It seems Google have just acquired some of our code (we wrote the #Arduino library for Xively back in the day mcqn.com/ibal73) #weeknotes #ibal73 #IoT Congrats Xively! twitter.com/ABOpenLtd/stat…
- Adrian McEwen: Off to Warrington for the grand Spark Penketh Makerspace launch party ? #weeknotes
- DoES Liverpool: pat link , red_violetjen ,Adrian McEwen with Pat’s mini strandbeest #sparkpenketh #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BfRc1TrB68u/
- Alex Lennon: All your PCs are belong to DoES Liverpool. Making a new Gerald PC #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/aGIKktX2mP
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Wednesday 21 February, 6:30pm-8:00pm||Friends of the Earth|
|Thursday 22 February, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The Big Move
With our move to the Tapestry looming, we’re including a brief update on how things are going each week.
We’re up to five quotes for the fit-out, so should be making a decision on that soon. One of the factors feeding into that decision is how much money we can spend on it, and on that note, there’s been some good discussion about the crowdfunding campaign over on the Google group (and still a bit of time if anyone wants to chime in and help).
The landlord’s refurbishment works aren’t finished but are still progressing. The walls and flooring changes for the toilets on our floor are finished, so there’s just the plumbing work to do there. We should get the keys from the landlord by the end of this month.
There are lots of things to do, both with the move and in preparation for the move. If you want to help out, check the DoES Move label on the Somebody Should issue list, or get in touch.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 187 open, 473 closed
4 new issues:
- Update Gerald-PC to new hardware
- Help Chris and Helen with crowdfunding ideas
- Replace the power supplies on Doorbots 1 and 2
- See if the computers in the staging room are useful replacements for the ones in the workshop
Featured issue: replace Sophia’s carriage drive belt. Can we move this on or close it?
3 issues closed:
- check the electronics on the workshop doorbot
- Arrange a Community Visit to the Tapestry in Early January
- Olsson Block for 3d Printers
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!