Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- IoT Liverpool Meetup: Packed house at DoES Liverpool
for us to hear from laura pullig about her #etextiles and #electronic #art #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/JLrOAfo003
- DoES Liverpool: With a fresh tube Sophia is back in action and cutting nicely! Clean mirrors and lens too! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/CHSEt7lDro
- Julian Todd: Been a while since anyone has swept under the bench in the hall #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/BnCJ8Fqo5r
- Def-Proc: En route today for #thethingsconference in Amsterdam #weeknotes Time for a deep dive into The Things Network and #lorawan and representing TTN Liverpool pic.twitter.com/9VS2J7iyTk
- MCQN Ltd: Down in #Hoxton visiting museuminabox_’s new digs #weeknotes @ Hoxton Square instagram.com/p/BenojucFfoU/
- Alex Lennon: This is going to be so much fun Jackie Pease Adrian McEwen #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/GU97glykjn
- Adrian McEwen: Squeezing in an #LPWAN meet up while I’m down in London, and catching up on all things not-TheThingsNetwork #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: Cast off and headed out into the Red Sea for the check dive… #scubadiving #blueo2 #bluefin #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/bHODEcSweG
- Def-Proc: Just waiting on live #LoRA transmissions from space! #thethingsconference The Things Network #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/sfG6afOFWN
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Wednesday 07 February, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 08 February, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 08 February, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 10 February, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day|
The Big Move
With our move to the Tapestry looming, we’re including a brief update on how things are going each week.
We’ve had another quote for the fit-out work, and are still chasing down the third (plus a couple of people have mentioned some other options that we can pursue if we need to). This second quote is more promising than the first, but still more than we’ve got in the reserves. So we’re looking at how to resolve that too.
Over at the new building, things are getting more active. The landlord’s work on our floor is wrapping up, with the electrics being the main job outstanding now. And yesterday one of neighbours here in Gostins, MD Productions, finished moving into the Tapestry (where they’ll be closer neighbours on the floor below) and had their launch party.
It feels like we’re coming to the end of the calm before the storm that will be the move itself.
There are lots of things to do, both with the move and in preparation for the move. If you want to help out, check the DoES Move label on the Somebody Should issue list, or get in touch.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 182 open, 470 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: Create calibration guide plates for the laser-cutters?. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed:
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!