Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
We made use of our Electric Liver Bird last week to announce our two new Boost members, who’ll be starting in April, and we’ll be introducing them in a post soon!
… and the next workshop member is:
*drum roll* pic.twitter.com/W6hYIjHHNz
— DoES Liverpool (@DoESLiverpool) March 2, 2022
Things of Note
- DoES Liverpool: We asked Lauren, one of our first Boost members for a quick update on what she’s been doing so far. I think you’ll agree she’s been making good use of her membership to experiment and build up her product base!
- Adrian McEwen: Looks like we might have filled the sales/marketing/storytelling gap at MCQN Ltd. Looking forward to sharing more in due course. #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: The latest MCQN Ltd #weeknotes: Week 856 – Starting: Websites and Interviews dlvr.it/SKqJyd
- DoES Liverpool: Natalie with MDF screens laser cut at yesterday’s #makernight
- DoES Liverpool: Vest from @salfordfashiondesign MA show, knitted by caroline corby
on our Brother knitting machine Ariadne, using an #AYAB board to transfer images from a computer
- Jackie Pease: Cleaning McGraw, the DoES Liverpool pen plotter and replacing some of the toothed belts. It definitely needed it!
Lines seem a lot smoother again now, but there’s still a bit of work to do.
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 08 March, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group Online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino and irl in the DoES Liverpool workshop|
|Thursday 10 March, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 10 March, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night Get your free ticket here|
|Saturday 12 March, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day Get your free ticket here|
|Sunday 13 March, 2:00pm-5:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 376 open, 1292 closed
2 new issues:
- Cutlery drawer trim has come off
- Pen plotter McGraw plotting wobbly lines when they should be smooth
Featured issue: How can we help each other during Covid-19. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed:
Thanks JackiePease, amcewen!