Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Not long to go now! Click here to find out more and for the application form. On offer is one six month workshop membership and one six month allocated desk and workshop membership. The closing date for applications is 11th September, we’ll be holding the draw on 13th September and the membership will start on 1st October.
Times are hard, but we know that there are still plenty of people out there with good ideas that deserve a chance to succeed. Please spread the message about our Boost membership to anyone you know who would benefit but might not know about DoES Liverpool!
We have a stall at Granby Street market this Saturday, so we need volunteers to spread the word about DoES Liverpool. Find out more and volunteer here.
Help make our space better – find out more here.
Things of Note
- Alex: I may have a plan inspired by Lucy Antal #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/SkcVxKAAgr
- Alex: I know how the DoES Liverpool #weeknotes bot hates my videos so here’s a pic! pic.twitter.com/2avO32Ge4O
- Alex: Let’s give it a go. I could freeze these and put them in me lunchbox to take to work #weeknotes h/t Lucy Antal for the idea! pic.twitter.com/vl9Q3Du2W4
- Alex: New project. The boy wants to make a DIY NAS #weeknotesaxzez.com/product-page/i…
- DoES Liverpool: Rosie, who came to check out Thursday’s #makernight with her humansPhotographs by Nalini M
- DoES Liverpool: Here’s @j_jcoates from Homebaked CLT with the stencils he made at his laser induction at tonight’s #makernight (in between meeting everyone in the space)
- Jackie Pease: DoES Liverpool community!
Sorrell and I are taking part in this forum on 6 Sept at Central Library, along with other female artists and makers.
Barbara Murray 🌹 asked me to share this invitation with anyone at DoESLiverpool who’d like to come along (RSVP to email below).
- Alex: Bella’s birthday BBQ salad prepping #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/A0Nhu98wAj
- Alex: Sweet 16. Remember those days? Life was simpler #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/k1VjndQSJ4
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 29 August, 7:00pm-9:00pm
|7pm-9pm Socialist Alternative discussion group
|Wednesday 31 August, 6:30pm-8:00pm
|BizzieWatch (Open Meeting)
|Thursday 01 September, 6:00pm-7:00pm
|DoES Liverpool digital comms working group
|Thursday 01 September, 7:00pm-9:30pm
|Maker Night Our free regular evening meetup where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 365 open, 1358 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: Work out and set up an induction process for the CNC router. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed