Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Entries for our Boost membership scheme close at 11:59 on Monday 28th February. If you’re reading this before then, and think you might benefit, then take a read of our blog post here (includes a link to the application form).
Otherwise, keep an eye on our social media on Wednesday 2nd March when we’ll be announcing the winners.
Things of Note
- DoES Liverpool: Bob H with t shirt embroidered at his machine embroidery induction with @robotorium at yesterday’s #makernight
- Adrian McEwen: Pete Lomas And that reminded me of the rule 0 sign that used to be on the workshop door in DoES Liverpool (when all the workshop stuff was behind one door!) Have dug it out and made it a bit more prominent in the current space 😀 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/neZCv4JKO9
- Jackie Pease: Thanks to Mike G for attaching a new white lead to my #plasticflowers (so it doesn’t show up against white surfaces), and mending a couple of broken stems.
- Anne-Marie Jane: Each week there’s new opportunities to find inspiration, make, create, fix things, add style. At DoES Liverpool this week I painted old canvases to use to hold fave pictures & played some music with the group. #WeekNotes pic.twitter.com/aBM7OkcZ1i
- Jackie Pease: More pen plotter testing today. Pablo printed an extra wheel attachment for the @doesliverpool penplotter, McGraw, to stabilise the pen holder.
There are still some artefacts in the print though – the next thing to try is cleaning the belts and bearings with IPA
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 01 March, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening
We have a regular evening where we look at improving some of the software that DoES runs on. You can join us online at https://ca.meet.coop/b/adr-ctr-trg
|Wednesday 02 March, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 03 March, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night Get your free ticket here|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 376 open, 1290 closed
3 new issues:
Featured issue: Make Dinky a nice space for meetings. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed:
- Membership discounts aren’t listed on the website
- Business Rates: Request that soundproof room is merged back into main space