Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- Matthew Croughan: I just got my first Github Sponsor. WTF. github.com/sponsors/Matth…#weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: First time using Tony, DoES Liverpool‘s largest laser-cutter, and the Lightburn software is great. Many box inserts for the latest Museum in a Box batch cut to perfection #ibal151 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/GQY8KDKS87
- Alex: Yes. I know you’re jealous. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/p492XhdPuh
- Alex: Helping the boy with his design technology homework DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/5cc3lzlJI0
- Alex: Cannot wait to get into town tomorrow for #ChineseNewYear with the kids. Let’s support getting our city economy back on track chef dave critchley Chef Paul Askew Julia Coutinho Huf. I’ll be informally representing DoES Liverpool – let’s meet up, eat amazing street food and enjoy! #weeknotes twitter.com/BBCNWT/status/…
- Alex: Chinese New Year! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/I9aeQwYnAc
- DoES Liverpool: Marcus with string lantern, made this week @doesliverpool
- Jackie Pease: Last August, No Face Tattoo (upstairs from @doesliverpool) asked if we could recreate some bubble gum machine gears.
I coloured one in with Sharpie so I could do a 2D scan, cleaned it up with Inkscape, then used #openscad to extrude and add details before printing
- Jackie Pease: I’ve finally seen the machines in situ, in working order dispensing tattoo designs!
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 08 February, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino or irl at DoES Liverpool|
|Thursday 10 February, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 10 February, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night You can get your free ticket here|
|Saturday 12 February, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day You can get your free ticket here|
|Sunday 13 February, 2:00pm-5:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 374 open, 1281 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Networking in laser room is poor. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: