Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: Experimenting with adding a button to control my #MyBikesGotLED lights. Starting with some reuse: harvesting a button PCB from a waste board (well done past me for test points next to the button to solder to now!) and an old bike inner-tube for waterproofing #weeknotes #ibal234 pic.twitter.com/Kbqgvum1kn
- Adrian McEwen: Turns out my screwdriver is a magic wand that can turn my laptop on and off #HallEffectSensorsFTW #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/mTlFvp5bu2
- Adrian McEwen: Modded the #WLED code so a button press cycles through the presets, and got a first attempt at a #3Dprinted handlebar mount. Both need more work, but good enough for a first road test #ibal234 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/OrOyxWUPpt
- DoES Liverpool: A busy day at the first Repair Café DoES Liverpool this year. First up, Cathy Reilly helped Julie to add this new pocket for Julie’s cycling jacket – more of an enhancement than a repair really
- DoES Liverpool: Russell and Karen A Scott Maker helped Poppy and Ted with bear and violin repairs respectively. Here’s the before pictures:
- DoES Liverpool: Here’s the happy customers and happier looking bear (he’s called Steve)
- DoES Liverpool: Luca mended his own humidifier, watched on by Jackie Pease
- DoES Liverpool: And here’s a couple of pictures by sanna king showing how busy Mike G, Mike R, Deian, Pablo and others were, mending radios, toasters, leather work…
Repair Café is on the 3rd Sunday of each month.
- Jackie Pease: Lots of thanks to sanna king (shown)and Mike G for helping me with my light up up plastic flowers this week.
‘Only’ the wiring to go now. Hopefully it will be finished soon!
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 18 January, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Sewing Club|
|Thursday 20 January, 1:00pm-2:00pm||Community Meeting|
|Thursday 20 January, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night You can get your free ticket here|
|Sunday 23 January, 2:00pm-5:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 371 open, 1277 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: Clean the windows in the kitchen . Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed