Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Happy New Year to everyone in the DoES Liverpool community and all our friends.
Click here for details of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- Jackie Pease: Holiday project – playing with the #plasticflowers again
- Alex: Dino A. Dai Zovi I was talking to Andy Stanford-Clark about this the other day as he was gently taking me to task for doing exactly this on a server box. The “root user only” paradigm for embedded Linux, now escaping into containers on servers is – and has always been – deeply problematic for me #weeknotes
- Alex: Holiday breakfast! #scubadiving #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/l9KqYuuVgn
- Alex: This is awesome !!! #scubadiving #newyear #hurghada #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/z9RG7bUGyR
- Alex: More do do with the #keto diet but I’m feeling a lot more comfortable than I have in years! All set for tomorrow! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/fJzP5yh0RU
- Jackie Pease: Afternoon spent fixing a couple of the Peloton Liverpool DiskLights, then starting to think about how to make then look more Spring-like, now that Xmas is over …
#WLED #MyBikesGotLEDBoard #ws2812 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/NvO2Djt50E
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 04 January, 6:30pm-9:00pm
|Liverpool Sewing Club
|Tuesday 04 January, 6:30pm-9:30pm
|Hack the Space Evening
We have a regular evening where we look at improving some of the software that DoES runs on. You can join us online at https://ca.meet
|Wednesday 05 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm
|Liverpool Linux User Group
|Thursday 06 January, 7:00pm-9:30pm
|Maker Night You can get your free ticket here
|Saturday 08 January, 10:00am-5:00pm
|Maker Day You can get your free ticket here
|Sunday 09 January, 2:00pm-5:00pm
|Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 370 open, 1273 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Find a way to get github to send email notifications to the laser team. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed:
- Sophia and Sheila’s air compressors’ earth connections needs investigating
- Sheila’s PC has excessive leakage current