Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Sean has sent out a newsletter including details of our Xmas opening arrangements. You can take a look here.
Informal “Hack the Space”
- General vacuuming, dusting and tidying
- Organising things on the shelves better, so that we can store more stuff and find things more easily
- Similarly with things in drawers and cupboards
- Working on the laser cutters to make them work better and cleaning their beds so that projects don’t get covered with soot
- Cleaning out the laser cutter room (we’ll need to remove all the sheet material that’s making it difficult to get into the room at the moment, so if anyone has anything they need to keep then please collect it asap)
- Tidying and arranging things better for sewing and knitting machines in Dinky (may include moving the bookcases from the Event Space and moving chairs to the Event Space)
- Taking cardboard to the recycling centre
- Getting more of the desks cleared ready for new members, hotdeskers and our new Boost members
and of course anything else from the Somebody Should list (https://github.com/DoESLiverpool/somebody-should) and anything else you’ve noticed would improve things
Things of Note
- Alex: This is my Egyptian friend Kareem, who is an amazing professional diver Redseadivingsafari, one of my favourite places. This is Kareem free-diving on the house reef at Marsa Shagra, south of Hurghada, Egypt. You can see why I’m desperate to get back #scubadiving #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/utGNvEen6s
- Adrian McEwen: Dr Samantha Colosimo MCQN Ltd Nice #wearable #LED modelling 😍 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/JBk5BAWZLo
- Alex: Tonight’s salad is “what I had in the fridge”. ‘Shrooms, oranges, rocket, apple, lime and love #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/LDt3xg4OA9
- Alex: There are very few things better in life – in my humble opinion – than lying in bed cracking open salted pistachios whilst listening to the B52s #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/uBVuFiOdJj
- Adrian McEwen: The last MCQN Ltd #weeknotes of the year: Week 846 – The Festive Wind-down mcqn.com/posts/week-846…
- MCQN Ltd: Just your average day of sifting through a selection of waterproof bags from Aliexpress and trying them with boards for size and mounting suitability #weeknotes #ibal234 pic.twitter.com/NG0aBBocVf
- Alex: Took Bella to the new Asian shop around the corner from DoES Liverpool in The Tapestry and it’s brill! She’s got loads for her cooking and I have Soju (finally!) and hot sauce! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/DJawV6TNRh
- Alex: I had the most wonderful Christmas afternoon with my good friends Dan and Caroline. I have missed chats like these SO much during the past couples of years and it was a joy to catch up #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/q7isuh1rXX
- Alex: Christmas presents from balena !!! Thanks and Happy Christmas folks !!! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/DMaUJL5nvE
- DoES Liverpool: Happy Xmas from everyone @doesliverpool!
Photos show beautiful keepsake Xmas tree ornament by James W for his parents’ 25th Wedding Anniversary.
- Alex: So Stephan H. Wissel I got Node-RED projects setup and it’s auto-committing changes to flows and auto-pushing up to a GitHub repo. I like this a lot 🙂 Julian Todd is keen on having per-flow support rather than “everything” though… 🤔 #weeknotes
- Alex: Iced Braeburn apple and ginger from the new juicer. Truly scrumptious. Can’t wait until the shops are open to try your suggestions! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/pJp5Gmyb1G
- Adrian McEwen: Unsolicited user research for #MyBikesGotLED 😆:
Lad playing footie in Everton: “Your bike’s sick”
Other lad playing footie:”Your bike looks like your Nan’s”
1st lad: “Shut up. Your bike’s sick!”Girl sat on a bench in Everton park: “Your bike is beautiful”
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Thursday 30 December, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night You can get your free ticket here|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 370 open, 1271 closed
5 new issues:
- Sheila has excessive leakage current
- Sophia and Sheila’s air compressors’ earth connections needs investigating
- Sheila’s PC has excessive leakage current
- Hitachi projector has excessive leakage current
- Blue 10m 4-way extension cable failed the polarity test
Featured issue: New Big Laser. Can we move this on or close it?
Featured issue: Networking in laser room is poor. Can we move this on or close it?
4 issues closed:
- Consider something like a scholarship scheme for free access
- Fill in CIC34 form for 2019-2020 year
- Small bandsaw blade required
- We need guidance for eve-w/e workshop access and lone working