Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
We recently announced DoES LIverpool Boost Membership which offers a chance for six months of free access to our amazing workshop and coworking space. The scheme aims to give people who might otherwise struggle to afford a membership the opportunity to get the benefits of being in DoES Liverpool and have access to the equipment we provide, and the amazing community that surrounds us.
We’ll initially be offering one full desk membership and one full workshop membership, free of charge, for a period of 6 months. If you or anyone you know could benefit, you can find out more and fill in our application form here. Please spread the word!
Note: Applications will close at 11:59pm on 12th December. A draw will take place and the successful applicants will be announced on 20th December.
Things of Note
- Alex (Reversing Diabetes): As Stallman said, information, once collected, will be misused #weeknotes twitter.com/ColetteWeston/…
- Alex (Reversing Diabetes): Love this. I’ve been telling my new guys about the history of the “internet” and RFCs. I did not know about #RFC1984 #weeknotes twitter.com/onepict/status…
- Alex (Reversing Diabetes): Esther Payne I took the two new lads through IP addressing, network classes, networks and gateways, connectionless UDP and stateful TCP – and why – and told them where all of this comes from and pointed them to the basic RFCs. I wish academia would educate future engineers this way #weeknotes
- Jackie Pease: Loving our recycled decs – Anne-Marie Jane and I are selling them this Xmas to raise money for Plastic Tactics #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/gUFRnHCT1O
- Alex (Reversing Diabetes): Thanks for the advice. Dates stuffed with feta and wrapped with Parma ham and salamis. Nom #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/cEQTCOVySy
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 07 December, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Sewing Club|
|Tuesday 07 December, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening
We have a regular evening where we look at improving some of the software that DoES runs on. You can join us online at https://ca.meet
|Wednesday 08 December, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group Xmas special|
|Thursday 09 December, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 09 December, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night get your free ticket here|
|Saturday 11 December, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day get your free ticket here|
|Sunday 12 December, 2:00pm-5:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 369 open, 1263 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: Get new 20mm o-rings to go behind the intermediate mirrors. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: