Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- Embedded Iot: It was absolutely lovely to meet DoES Liverpool with Georgina and Richard from Sci-Tech Daresbury. We had a fantastic chat about what we doing supporting local business and community. Perhaps a #DoESEpicTrip to visit them may be in the future! #weeknoteslinkedin.com/posts/georgina…
- MCQN Ltd: Nice to see more Aeternum Innovations #AirQuality sensors getting deployed in and around Liverpool#ibal207 #weeknotes #IoTtwitter.com/LoveWavertree/…
- Adrian McEwen: Today I have mostly been honing my skills at stripping bits of enamelled wire and fixing bugs on PCBs #weeknotes #ibal235 pic.twitter.com/p0J4FFk2Bn
- Embedded Iot: Lovely morning spent with Piers Linney DoES Liverpool hearing about Moblox and speaking with local business people about the challenges we all face. Big thanks to John McKerrell for organising all of this at our end #WeekNotes #PitchToPiers pic.twitter.com/rJTzAQIcBk
- Jackie Pease: Lovely day representing Plastic Tactics at Edge Hill University Sustainability Festival – I’ve met loads of interesting people.
Here’s our stall, featuring Poppy Gerrard ecodress and just a small selection from what everyone Plastic Tactics has been working on recently
- Embedded Iot: Let’s have a little look at strategy tonight. If you invented a technology – let’s call it “ArpaNet” and you then strategised about where that tech would take you in the future – what would you need to control about it? #weeknotes
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 09 November, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group – online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
|Thursday 11 November, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 11 November, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night – get your free ticket here|
|Saturday 13 November, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day – get your free ticket here|
|Sunday 14 November, 2:00pm-5:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 363 open, 1262 closed
4 new issues:
- CNC G98
- Chisel Drawer Organiser Trays
- Kinetic NC has a 0.5mm/25mm inaccuracy
- Fred not trimming thread.
Featured issue: Clean Tony’s bed sections. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: