Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- MCQN Ltd: Designed with FreeCAD
Made in DoES Liverpool
#ibal232how it started how its going pic.twitter.com/4dg3Iwq3Ig
- DoES Liverpool: Excellent birthday cake for Marcus, made by his dad @knottyashcreative using stencils laser cut @doesliverpool
Marcus says it was delicious
- Black Magic I of Things: #CheerTunes is up and running! Instructions on the site here. You need a Spotify Premium account to use this at the moment #weeknotescheertunes.co.uk
- DoES Liverpool: Prototype laser cut stereographic projection of the December night sky, made by Tom L at Thursday’s #makernight, backlit with #WLED LEDs
- DoES Liverpool: Pat and caroline corby making excellent progress with our #AYAB computer-controlled knitting machine Ariadne.
- DoES Liverpool: Excellent new drawer organisation for our newly sharpened chisels by Russell Cottier
- Jackie Pease: I’ve added a page to the @doesliverpool wiki on how to prepare patterns for Ariadne, our #AYAB enabled knitting machine, using GIMP. Hope it’s helpful; feel free to amend / offer suggestions for improvements.
Thanks knottyashcreative for advice github.com/DoESLiverpool/…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 02 November, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Sewing Club|
|Tuesday 02 November, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening – We have a regular evening where we look at improving some of the software that DoES runs on. You can join us online at https://ca.meet.coop/b/adr-ctr-trg|
|Wednesday 03 November, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 04 November, 10:00am-1:00pm||Business Clinic with Piers Linney – More details in this Google Group post|
|Thursday 04 November, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night – Get your free ticket here|
|Saturday 06 November, 12:30pm-3:30pm||Bystander Intervention Workshop – Get your free ticket here|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 360 open, 1261 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: Gerald software not working. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed