Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- I of Things: The first of our new series of #IoT training videos… Installing an Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Linux virtual machine. We’re going to use this as a starting point for all our future embedded development fun & games. #weeknotes Andy Stanford-Clarkyoutube.com/watch?v=zp-Qsc…
- I of Things: The second of our new series of #IoT training videos… Installing #Espressif‘s ESP-IDF development framework. This is going to enable us to develop embedded applications for the #ESP32 chip! #weeknotes
- MCQN Ltd: Just posted a box of goodies (an Ackers Bell and a My Baby’s Got LED board plus lights) down to Lawrence Archard, for when factoree are at a Milton Keynes hackathon this weekend #ibal223 #ibal169 #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Deciphering serial protocols and lighting up bikes – the latest MCQN Ltd #weeknotes: Week 832 – Lights! Static and Mobile dlvr.it/S7cQP2
- Matthew Croughan: Day 2 of Nix.Camp is going well. I’m chilling with github.com/DavHau/ who is converting his system to a flake.nix, whilst eating a Flake.#nix #nixos #nixcamp #functionalprogramming #nixlang #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/XaW89jY6pE
- I of Things: ẗäüẗöl̈ög̈ÿ The world is mad. The 70’s seem a moment where people woke up. Before my time. Then our connections with each other were crushed. We need asylum or refuge I reckon. astralship.org are working on this #weeknotes
- Matthew Croughan: Night 2 of Nix.Camp ends with an Xonotic gaming session. Which is surprisingly a bit better than quake/unreal, completely foss.nix run nixpkgs#xonotic#nixos #nix #nixcamp #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/GefL8N7jOc
- I of Things: Following on from our adoption of Imperial measurements I have started an ePetition for UK Government to change the value of π to three.Can you please support this, retweet and sign.You know it makes sense #weeknotes Andy Stanford-Clark Cybergibbons 𝗕𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗿 ᶦˢ ˢᵗᶦˡˡ ᵘⁿᶜᵒⁿᵛᶦⁿᶜᵉᵈ ᵇʸ ᵇˡᵒᶜᵏᶜʰᵃᶦⁿpetition.parliament.uk/petitions/5973… pic.twitter.com/yOEFXjDE62
- DoES Liverpool: Retweet from Rainbow Toffees :
“Thanks to Ste from DoEsLiverpool for making these fabulous Rainbow Toffees kit key-rings for us. They’ll be on sale soon. All money raised will help towards future awareness events & football games”
- DoES Liverpool: Canine visitor Iggy, with volunteer Sanna King at our monthly #repaircafe today.
Come down if you’ve got anything that needs repairing and that you’d like the team to take a look at.
- I of Things: The latest of our series of #IoT training videos. This one takes us through how to install the Arduino IDE on a Linux Virtual Machine #weeknotesyoutube.com/watch?v=e_8wiF…
- DoES Liverpool: A spate of record players at our #repaircafe earlier today
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 21 September, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Sewing Club|
|Thursday 23 September, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night Get your free ticket here|
|Sunday 26 September, 1:00pm-4:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 358 open, 1253 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Work out what to do with “spare” visor money. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed