Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- 🏦🏖️👦: Finally had some time and got the #RSMB Eclipse Paho #MQTT broker ported to run on an ESP32… Rough-cut but I can pub/sub Andy Stanford-Clark Roger Light Ian Craggs Dave CJ Julian Todd #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/pH1gknuV5m
- Jackie Pease: Trying out some pretty lights that Caroline Keep 🌟😊 gave me after the last lockdown – thanks Caroline! (and to Paul H for desoldering the Feather)
Looks like I’m going to use these to light up some small scale Plastic Tactics #plasticplayground projects
- Adrian McEwen: Making the Ackers Bell ding more reliably; LED kits for My Baby’s Got LED; and more. The latest MCQN Ltd #weeknotes: Week 830 – Better Firing (of Bells) dlvr.it/S6kRMg
- 🏦🏖️👦: This is very VERY sexy. I have some industrial process control kit monitoring some sensor readings and publishing via #MQTT. The sensor telemetry is going to a local WiFi #RSMB BROKER running on the M5Stack #ESP32 in the bottom right. #weeknotes Andy Stanford-Clark pic.twitter.com/dRyvkg4JrY
- Matthew Croughan: I have become magnetic 💉🦾
#weeknotesAsked them to #aspirate the needle before giving me a clot. Turns out I’m not afraid of needles anymore after seeing the process. Mind at ease. pic.twitter.com/mT9J6ENuvZ
- 🏦🏖️👦: This is super lovely Ian Craggs. Bridging #MQTT with the #RSMB. Think of a cloud of local sensor devices publishing to a #picobroker running this. Then bridged to an intermittent cloud broker… Just what I need for my project. Andy Stanford-Clark Roger Light #weeknotesyoutu.be/STZpvK1ylkc
- 🏦🏖️👦: OK I got the TFT library code up and running for the M5Stack. Looking nice. Now just need to show the WiFi addresses for dual AP and STA, and the Broker status and we’ll have a lovely little ready-baked #PicoBroker #WeekNotes Andy Stanford-Clark pic.twitter.com/ZsT3RgeX1p
- 🏦🏖️👦: End of Week 8 #CouchTo5K First 5k run in some years. Now to speed it up. #winning #tigerblood #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/iamRPc977X
- 🏦🏖️👦: Started running about 5pm. Interesting to see the effect on the glucose spike. My body providing energy? #weeknotes #quantifiedself pic.twitter.com/ImXvjlL5QV
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 07 September, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Sewing Club|
|Tuesday 07 September, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening
Join us online at https://ca.meet.coop/b/adr-ctr-trg
|Thursday 09 September, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 09 September, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night Get your free ticket here|
|Saturday 11 September, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day Get your free ticket here|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 356 open, 1253 closed
2 new issues:
- Gerald has not enough power to cut and the laser focus seems to be distorted
- Please add me to the Github organisation!
Featured issue: Work out what to do with “spare” visor money. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed:
Thanks KayaScott, JackiePease!