Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
10th Anniversary Celebrations
Things of Note
- 🇱 🇪 🇳 🇳 📡🇳: I feel seen! I got my email! YEAH! Swarm Technologies Sara Spangelo Ben Longmier Cybergibbons #iotspace #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/sFQsDXTJwu
- Adrian McEwen: A more contemplative and bigger-picture slant to the latest MCQN Ltd #weeknotes (well, fortnightnotes…): Weeks 825-826 – Doing Enough? dlvr.it/S53JxL
- 🇱 🇪 🇳 🇳 📡🇳: Just had another fantastic chat with the Swarm Technologies team. Guess what! My new eval kit runs CircuitPython and #Arduino code !!! Who wants to design some space Python scripts with me? Julian Todd MajorTim.space DoES Liverpool #weeknotesgithub.com/Swarm-Technolo…
- 🇱 🇪 🇳 🇳 📡🇳: Made some nice progress on a first cut of some new CircuitPython code on the Swarm Technologies Eval Kit to enable us to publish MQTT messages which it then transmits to orbital satellites overhead… Rough but shows it works #weeknotes Andy Stanford-Clark Roger Lightyoutu.be/moLVpaa14Ls
- John McKerrell: Kids today, always playing computer games. Thanks to everyone at DoES Liverpool #MakerNight who tried to help me get it working! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/XmHvTYYLoy
- 🇱 🇪 🇳 🇳 📡🇳: I think you might like this Sara Spangelo Ben Longmier.
We’ve got #MQTT going on your evaluation kit! #weeknotes #iotspace Andy Stanford-Clark Roger LightThere’s a PR for your team to play with here:
- 🇱 🇪 🇳 🇳 📡🇳: Vegan Berry NoSugar sweets #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/AmNmZ7B1Ck
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 10 August, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
|Thursday 12 August, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night
Because we need to keep an eye on numbers, the next few events will be ticketed. Tickets are free, and you can get yours here
|Saturday 14 August, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day
This will be our first real life maker day this year. Because we still need to keep an eye on numbers for a bit, it will be ticket only. Tickets are free, and you can get yours here
|Sunday 15 August, 11:00am-3:00pm||Repair Café
The first Repair Café at DoES Liverpool since before the lockdown. Ticket only. Tickets are free, and you can get yours here
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 357 open, 1247 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: Find a way to get github to send email notifications to the laser team. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed: